Candidates shall be of good character.
Candidates shall be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
3 Education, Experience, etc.
(a) Hold an ordinary degree (level 7 or higher on the National Framework of Qualifications).
(b) Hold a current clean full driving licence (minimum Class B), details of which must be entered on the application form.
(c) Have significant work experience working in a role relevant to this position in the public sector or independent creative sector. This may involve for example experience from the arts, heritage, libraries, community development, or sustainable economic development.
4. The Person
The ideal candidate will have, on the latest date for receipt of completed Application forms:
· Demonstrable knowledge of relevant national, regional and local policies and strategies of relevance to culture and creativity in local government, or ability to acquire same.
· Satisfactory knowledge and understanding of the Wicklow County region and its socio economic make up.
· Leadership skills and experience in collaborating and working cross functionally with other teams and stakeholders and the ability to interact with staff at all levels in the organisation.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and organisational skills.
· Strong understanding of the importance of systems, process and structures in
· Enabling efficient delivery of an effective team with the ability to prioritise and multi-task.
· Ability to demonstrate competence in influencing and negotiating, delivering quality outcomes and the ability to work in direct contact with a diverse range of stakeholders including agencies/bodies, voluntary groups, creative/heritage organisations, libraries and artists.
· Satisfactory ICT skills with comprehensive working knowledge of office productivity tools.
· Experience of budget preparation and management.
The duties of the office are to give to the local authority and
(a) to such other local authorities or bodies for which the Chief Executive, for the purposes of the Local Government Acts 2001 – 2014, is Chief Executive, and
(b) to any other local authority or body with which an agreement has been made by the local authority or by any of the authorities or bodies mentioned in sub-paragraph (a) of this paragraph.
Under the general direction and control of the Chief Executive or of such other officer as the Chief Executive may from time to time determine, such appropriate professional/technical and ancillary services of an advisory, supervisory or executive nature as may be required by any local authority or body hereinbefore mentioned in the exercise and performance of any of its powers, functions and duties, including the duty of servicing all committees that may be established by any such local authority or body. The holder of the office will, if required, act for an officer of a higher level.
The duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Working with Wicklow County Council Culture and Creativity Team to deliver the strategic priorities in Wexford County Council’s Culture and Creativity Strategy 2023-2027 and Cruinniú na nÓg, through an annual programme
• Liaising with local creatives, artists, organisations and staff across relevant directorates within the local authority to manage the development and delivery of a programme of projects and events. The aim is to encourage increased participation in creative and cultural activities locally
• Liaising with local creatives, artists, organisations and local authority staff involved in the delivery Cruinniú na nÓg, the national day of creativity for children and young people;
• Support the Creative Ireland Coordinator and Culture and Creativity Team in their objectives including broadening creative engagement locally; enhancing the strategic role of culture and creativity within local government; supporting collaborative actions and links to wider local authority policies of relevance to wellbeing, social cohesion and economic development
• Support engagement between the local authority and the Creative Ireland Programme centrally including via the Creative Ireland portal
• Arrange and manage yearly schedule of meetings for the Culture and Creativity Team
• Attend relevant Creative Ireland Programme quarterly meetings and others as they arise
• Provide data, briefing and updates to senior managers in Wexford County Council and the Creative Ireland Programme officials as requested
• Local citizen engagement campaigns through marketing and social media platforms to ensure greater understanding of Creative Communities programme locally.
Salary: €47,339 - €56,721 gross per annum (includes 2nd LSI)
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Wicklow!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job