Credit Risk Analyst, Dublin/Cork/Galway
Apply now »
Date: 18 Sep 2023
Location: Dublin/Cork/Galway, IE
Company: Allied Irish Bank
Role: Credit Risk Analyst
Location: Dublin, Cork or Galway (Hybrid Working)
This role is being offered on a permanent, full-time basis.
About the Role:
The Risk Function is an independent, second line of defence function that monitors, controls and supports risk-taking activities across AIB. The purpose of the Risk Function is to provide advice and guidance in relation to risk while providing independent oversight and reporting on AIB’s risk profile. The Risk Function’s main objective is to ensure AIB has a robust risk management framework and culture in place to ensure risks are taken within the risk appetite set by the Board, in support of AIB’s customer franchise and social responsibility.
The role is positioned within the Credit Risk team where we manage the Group’s credit portfolio, complete risk appropriate underwriting of new and existing credits, manage & oversee Expected Credit Loss & Non Performing Exposures and formulate and maintain the AIB Group Credit policies in line with Risk Appetite. Credit Retail Banking is a second line function responsible for the review and challenge of Credit Risks. You will work on a team that delivers a professional lending service to a number of Business teams and ultimately the Banks customers.
Working alongside teams within Credit Risk, our aim is to deliver a professional lending service to our customers, providing robust review and challenge whilst embedding a credit culture that is resilient through business cycles.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Analyse the credit and risk implications of credit proposals and make well-informed lending decisions.
- Anticipate the reaction of others and adapts communication and influencing approaches accordingly.
- Negotiate and facilitates effectively in a range of situations to achieve the optimum result.
- Deliver performance through people – supporting performance and development.
- Have an ability to make timely and quality decisions.
What you will bring:
- Proven level of Credit Skills with good commercial awareness, including an ability to interpret and challenge. Demonstrated ability to provide robust 2nd line review and challenge & maintain resilience in a dynamic and fluid Credit environment.
- Evidence of high standards of professionalism in relation to Credit and compliance with all legislation, regulation and Policy and standards.
- Be solution focused with strong interpersonal and negotiating skills and evidence of an ability to interact, engage and influence.
- Have an ability to interpret and understand differing levels of complexity in credit cases and to be in a position to provide informed advice and/or approval in relation to credit decisions.
Life at AIB
At AIB, we have a clear purpose - to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. That goes for our employees too.
We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customer and employees expect of a bank.
We are committed to offering our colleagues choice and flexibility in how we work and live. Our hybrid working model enables our people to balance their time between working from home and their designated office, subject to their role, the needs of our customers and business requirements. More details on our hybrid working arrangements and expected office attendance for your role will be provided to you during the recruitment process.
AIB is an equal opportunities employer, and we pride ourselves on being the first bank in Ireland to receive the Investors in Diversity Gold Standard accreditation from the Irish Centre for Diversity. We celebrate diversity and believe in a culture of inclusion where all our employees can succeed. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds and abilities. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees. Should you have a reasonable accommodation request please email the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you feel you have what it takes, click apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information please contact the Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
By when? Closing date is 29th September 2023
Job Segment: Recruiting, Credit Analyst, Bank, Banking, Franchise, Human Resources, Finance, Retail
Apply now »
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job