About the role
Contract: Part Time (30.00 - 35.00)
Shift Pattern: Flexible
We pride ourselves on offering customers the biggest range of products around. And that's not just food, but everything from clothes and kettles to financial services.
But did you know we offer the biggest job opportunities too? With stores across the UK and Ireland, and a variety of roles, we are always looking for people who are as passionate about helping customers as we are.
Our Every Little Helps approach doesn't just apply to our customers. It's at the very heart of everything we do at work – and it's what makes us different. We believe in treating each other with respect, and everyone having the opportunity to get on. That's what makes Tesco such a great place to work
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
- Always put the customer first and consider them in everything you do.
- Get to know your customers and serve them with pride.
- Help to ensure products and services are available for customers at all times.
- Handle all products with care to maintain quality and ensure they reach the customer in the best condition.
- Keep the shop floor and back areas clean and tidy at all times.
- Using the training you receive, follow department routines and processes.
- Follow all company policies and adhere to Health and Safety routines.
- Whilst you will have a core role, you may be asked to support your colleagues by helping in other departments.
You will need
- Able to give great, natural customer service by proactively smiling, greeting, acknowledging and helping customers.
- Works hard for customers, your team and your department.
- You are able to prioritise to ensure anything you do is right for our customers.
- Adaptable and resilient to meet the ever changing demands of our business.
- You must be able to follow instructions either verbal or written.
- You are reliable and a good timekeeper.
- You must be smart and tidy at all times.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help to make Tesco a great place to work.
“After 3 months you will receive a colleague clubcard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line”.
There are also additional special offers available to colleagues throughout the year.
As well as offering competitive pay, we offer some of the best benefits to our colleagues in the industry from colleague discounts* to paid holiday, share schemes* and an award-winning pension. There are also great discounts on days out, gym membership and travel and you can look forward to plenty of personal rewards too. You'll hear a lot about 'opportunities to get on', whether that means progressing to management or gaining more confidence in your role by completing our Bronze, Silver and Gold training.
*subject to the rules of the schemes.
The closing date for applications is Thursday the 4th of November 2021
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job