About the role
Contract: Part time (25.00 - 30.00)
Shift Pattern: Flexible
We pride ourselves on offering customers the biggest range of products around. And that's not just food, but everything from clothes and kettles to financial services.
But did you know we offer the biggest job opportunities too? With stores across the UK and Ireland, and a variety of roles, we are always looking for people who are as passionate about helping customers as we are.
Our Every Little Helps approach doesn't just apply to our customers. It's at the very heart of everything we do at work – and it's what makes us different. We believe in treating each other with respect, and everyone having the opportunity to get on. That's what makes Tesco such a great place to work
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
- Always put the customer first and consider them in everything you do.
- Get to know your customers and serve them with pride.
- Help to ensure products and services are available for customers at all times.
- Handle all products with care to maintain quality and ensure they reach the customer in the best condition.
- Keep the shop floor and back areas clean and tidy at all times.
- Using the training you receive, follow department routines and processes.
- Follow all company policies and adhere to Health and Safety routines.
- Whilst you will have a core role, you may be asked to support your colleagues by helping in other departments.
You will need
- Able to give great, natural customer service by proactively smiling, greeting, acknowledging and helping customers.
- Works hard for customers, your team and your department.
- You are able to prioritise to ensure anything you do is right for our customers.
- Adaptable and resilient to meet the ever changing demands of our business.
- You must be able to follow instructions either verbal or written.
- You are reliable and a good timekeeper.
- You must be smart and tidy at all times.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme*
- Colleague Clubcard 10% discount increasing to 15% starting on the last Friday of each month for 3 days (including a 2nd card for a family member)*
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme*
- Save As You Earn Scheme*
- Paid Family Leave
- Bike to Work
- Long Service Awards
- Commuter Scheme
- Wellbeing Initiatives
*Entry requirements and rules of the scheme apply
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet. Through initiatives like the Tesco Community Fund, our association with Children’s Health Foundation, our partnership with FoodCloud and our Stronger Starts programme, we have supported over 21,000 community groups, raised over €7.5 million for medical equipment, and provided almost 15 million meals nationwide, to those living in food insecurity.
Tesco has operated in the Irish retail market since 1997, and with 163 stores nationwide, we employ over 13,000 people in cities and towns around Ireland, supporting almost 45,000 jobs directly and indirectly. We partner with over 500 Irish suppliers - of which almost three-quarters are small and medium enterprises - which in turn supports almost 13,000 farming families around Ireland. Tesco is the single largest buyer of Irish food and drink in the world, buying €1.6 Billion a year; more than any other single country in the European Union, more than even the USA which you perceive as a massive buyer of Irish food.
We work closely with suppliers across Ireland who are dedicated to making the best products for our customers and this is reflected in the numerous awards our products have won over the years including Blás Na hÉireann, World Steak Challenge and Great Taste Awards.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
We are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. We’ve taken steps to ensure our stores are places where everyone feels welcome to shop too, with colleagues all trained to support those with a visible or hidden disability through the Sunflower Lanyard programme.
We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have embraced a blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
The closing date for applications is Sunday the 2nd of July 2023
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job