Amazon Web Services (AWS) is growing rapidly, and we are looking for Data Center Technician Intern to join our expanding Infrastructure Operations team.
The intern will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of data center operations. This position involves hardware and network diagnostics followed by physical repair, and may include participation in an on-call rotation. All candidates will be exposed to independent work and in a team. Work prioritization, organizational skills, effective communication, and the ability to react quickly are critical to being successful. In addition to hardware and network repair, candidates will learn how to install equipment, create documentation, innovate solutions, and fix complex problems within the data center space.
· In pursuit of obtaining a Technical or Associates Degree or higher within a relevant Technical Field such as Information Technology, Computer Networking, Computer Hardware Repair and/or Computer Science.
· Proficiency in English
· Expected graduation in 2022
· Familiarity with computer hardware component and operating systems.
· Experience with one or more of the following hardware platforms (e.g. Dell, HP) is a plus. HP, Dell, ZT, Foxconn, Super Micro, SGI, etc.
· Previous relevant IT experience.
· Ability to manage work and priorities through a ticketing system and coordination with Manager.
· An interest in computer sciences and information technology.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
· Push or pull heavy objects into position.
· Continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs).
· Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
· Lift and/or move up to 15kg unassisted; and participate in group lifts for 16kg or more.
· Lift loads of up to 22kg and carry them for short distances.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job