Applegreen, Macroom, Co. Cork
What will I be doing as a Bakewell Manager at Applegreen?
You will play a vital role in supporting the front-line operations of our business.
· Responsibility of operating the Bakewell in accordance with Bakewell operation manual, policies and procedures
· You will be accountable for general administrative and daily staffing duties as well as providing leadership
· Driving sales and achieving sales targets
· Administration tasks to ensure the highest performance of the store through cash management, stock control and motivating employees by assisting in the training, coaching and development of the team
· Comply with all legislation in relation to Health and Food Safety throughout the daily operations of the store
If you have at least 1 -2 years experience in a similar role and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, you would be a great addition to our dynamic team.
Why should I join The Applegreen Team?
1. All staff will be entitled to a colleague discount card that offers 100% off our Bakewell Deli foods and all hot drinks. (Up to €10 saving a day)
2. Bike to Work Scheme (Available after 6 months of service)
3. HSF health plan for everyone from under €2.50 a week
4. Employee Assistance Programme run by the HSE offers free counselling on personal, family, work and money matters.
Training and Development
We as a company are constantly growing our business, but it`s our people driving its success
1. The Educational Training Board offers retail training courses through the Applegreen Academy
2. We offer fantastic career opportunities and a great deal of our promotions are internal
At Applegreen we truly believe in the power of community and so, The Applegreen Charitable Fund that was set up to raise vital funds to support Irelands Children. By working at Applegreen you will assist in raising money for our charity partners; Enable Ireland, The Irish Youth Foundation, Pieta House and Food Cloud. For every purchase made in store we donate 1c to the charitable fund. The charitable fund has raised more than €4million since its establishment in 2009.
Who We Are
Established in 1992, Applegreen is a leading convenience roadside retailer in the Republic of Ireland, the UK and the US in both large scale Motorway Service Areas and Travel Plazas, and smaller scale petrol/gas filling stations. As of mid-2020, the business had grown to over €3.1BN in annual revenue, operating 559 forecourt sites internationally and employing over 11,000 people. Our products and services include large scale food and beverage operations, convenience stores, roadside refuelling including electric vehicle channels, in addition to a number of other ancillary business lines e.g. hotels and gaming business in Welcome Break and our commercial fuel and airline refuelling business etc. We partner with a large number of high-quality international brands including but not limited to Starbucks, Burger King, Subway, Greggs, KFC, 7-Eleven, Chopstix, Freshii etc in addition to our own proprietary Bakewell brand. In 2021 Applegreen moved from a PLC to a private ownership company structure in partnership with Blackstone Infrastructure Partners.
At Applegreen, it’s our people that make us a success. We collaborate as a growing international business, while ensuring locally led high performing teams in each of our regions. Each region has distinct elements in its culture while operating within a Group culture that is built around a clear employee proposition considering the needs of all our people. There is a strong entrepreneurial culture in the business which is driven by the founders who started the business more than 25 years ago and are still closely involved with the business today.
Upload your CV on the Applegreen careers site - hit the APPLY button Now. Best of Luck!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job