Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of healthcare products including diagnostics, medical devices and nutritionals products. In Ireland, Abbott employs over 4,000 people across nine sites. We have six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third-party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. Abbott has commercial, support operations and shared services in Dublin and Galway. We have been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Ireland Diagnostic Division – Longford:
Abbott established a diagnostics manufacturing facility in Sligo in 1994 to manufacture blood-screening products and reagents.
In 2004, Abbott’s operations in Ireland expanded with the opening of a second facility in Longford. The plant was first occupied in December 2004, and the first product (Architect® TSH) was launched in December of 2005.
The Longford facility plays a key role in helping Abbott to meet the increasing global demand for diagnostic testing in areas such as infectious disease, cancer, thyroid and cardiovascular diseases.
Abbott in Longford manufactures 18 diagnostic reagent products for thyroid function, fertility, and pregnancy, cardiology, renal and metabolic. Our products are manufactured to the highest standards of quality and are regulated by bodies such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
- To ensure the plant meets its customer service, financial, inventory management, quality and safety goals through the timely execution of the Production Schedule.
- To carry out all activities assigned to ensure that production targets in terms of quality, quantity, volume are attained.
- Perform all duties as assigned by Team Leader.
- Carry out operations as required including:
- Service Centers.
- Laboratory Areas.
- Change Control
- Complete and comply with all relevant documentation.
- Adhere to all GMP and GLP requirements.
- Ensure safe work practices and behavior on the job at all times.
- Ensure that activities are completed within budget e.g. waste levels, per plan requirements.
- Carry out training of new employees as appropriate.
- Support continuous improvement by assisting in and become involved in cost saving ideas & projects.
- Maintain adequate stocks of operating supplies and consumables within the Service Centers as appropriate
- Revising Procedures and other documentation as appropriate.
- Perform computer applications as appropriate.
- Assist in executing validation protocols.
- Maintain ETMS TO DO LIST.
- Conduct business in a manner that will protect human health, safety and the environment by complying with all applicable EHS laws, as well as the Abbott Global & Technical Standards.
- Supervisory / Management Responsibility
- Works independently or Individual Contributor.
- The following level of education provides a necessary foundation for this Job function:
- Minimum Leaving Certificate or equivalent, or relevant work experience as this foundation will enable the Diagnostic Assistant to follow procedures for operating equipment and performing processes compliant with the principles of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
·The following experience provides a necessary foundation for this Job function:
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment is desirable but not essential. This experience would provide a foundation in the areas of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- The Diagnostic Assistant must be trained on the relevant procedures and processes before taking responsibility for a manufacturing task. Failure to follow the relevant procedures could result in manufacturing failures or customer complaints and product recalls with the associated financial losses.
- A trained individual is given authority and responsibility to carry out duties without close supervision.
- Formal goals are reviewed on a regular basis and formal performance reviews are carried out.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com or https://www.ie.abbott/, on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Longford!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job