Posting Date Jun 09, 2021
Job Number 21058427
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location CEC Cork Blackpool, North Valley Business Centre, Cork, Cork, Ireland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
This position will serve as the strategic financial business leader for Marriott Customer Engagement Centers (CECs) in Cork Ireland, Cape Town South Africa, Dubai UAE and Mexico. This position ensures MI’s financial statements accurately reflect the financial state of the CECs contributing to the financial health and stability and enabling the achievement of the Global CECs’ financial goals and objectives. The incumbent will partner with the leadership team and other business partners in the development of financial and operational business strategies and plans to support the ongoing fiscal needs and responsibilities of the CECs.
The primary focus of this position is to manage the financial functions of the CEC including but not limited to forecasting, budgets, capital, operational analysis, management reporting, general ledger closing, local statutory reporting & compliance, payroll, internal controls and cashflow management. As a member of the Finance team, this role will provide the financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of Marriott Brand Standards and new initiatives while maximizing the return on investment to the CEC and Marriott International.
The Director will support departmental objectives. He/She will oversee the execution of the financial processes and enhancement of systems, processes and tools that support key objectives for the CEC and for Marriott and add value. He/She will therefore be adept at tapping diverse sources of information, identifying opportunities, anticipating challenges, and executing strategies to deliver against this objective.
- Direct the Finance & Accounting team in accounting & reporting to ensure accurate and timely month/period-end close of P&L and balance sheets using General Accepted Accounting principles, Marriott International (MI) Standard Operating Procedures and MI Corporate policies to ensure compliance with local statutory principles.
- Manage ongoing tracking of components of the annual cash flow statement and long-range process including: calculate and analyze financial forecast for CEC.
- Maintain & review existing entity structures to ensure compliance to tax, legal and operational standards.
- Ensure timely and accurate reconciliation of all assets and liability accounts in line with MIP-66 (Marriott’s Internal Policy) and maintain a strong internal control environment.
- Manage the grants position of the CEC including maintenance and submission of detailed records to Industrial Development Agency (IDA) Ireland, including coordination of grant audits by external auditors.
- Lead the preparation of cash flow forecasting to ensure that adequate funds are in place to discharge all third party & Intercompany debt. Manage the center’s working capital and cash flow in accordance with brand SOP’s and business requirements.
- Manage and lead efforts to support the CEC audits, MI corporate audit and quarterly Sarbox compliance, including: facilitate the gathering of the data for the audit, work with the auditors to ensure all questions and issues are answered.
- Manage ongoing reviews and analysis for the FBP Consumer Operations leadership, CEC business team, and other stakeholders. Provide detailed value-added financial analysis to the business owners, stakeholders and Corporate Finance, highlighting any significant trends in the preparation of monthly performance reports to assist leadership in managing the CEC center effectively.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on financial matters related to the CEC. He/She will have working knowledge of the CEC infrastructure and will be able to provide ad-hoc financial analysis as required by CEC leadership, or other key stakeholders.
- Develop and operationalize the appropriate financial controls and administrative cost monitoring, reporting and control systems to ensure that MI financials accurately reflect the CEC’s costs incurred and forecast of projected spend.
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with the CEC finance and operational teams, and other key stakeholders to understand the business, ensure timely exchange of actionable financial information and customer satisfaction.
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight to the daily CEC accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets accounting, accounts reconciliations, VAT, and statutory accounting. Ensure statutory compliance for CEC; oversee related audits.
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of data and reports produced, through the systemic monitoring of key performance measures and the auditing of key reports on a sampling basis. Identify unusual financial and process performance trends, and investigate and resolve any problems and/or inconsistencies as appropriate.
- Develop & lead a high performing team of finance professionals who can effectively partner with business leaders, at various organizational levels, on financial issues. Direct this team to become to become a proactive and innovative group who will optimize sustainable business results by providing actionable information and analysis, driving holistic financial and business strategies, while evaluating and managing risks.
- Set goals and expectations for direct reports using the Leadership Performance Process (LPP) and holds staff accountable for successful performance; coaches team by providing specific feedback to improve performance; conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports; and ensures the same occurs at lower levels of his/her organization. Partner with Human Resources to strengthen the organization performance by ensuring effective structures, processes, jobs, and tools are in place for associates to do their jobs effectively. Participates in the associate performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed for development. Creates appropriate development plans and develops team members based on their individual strengths, developmental needs, career aspirations and abilities.
Key Talents and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years relevant professional experience including knowledge of accounting principles and practices. Specifically, business planning, forecasting, analysis & reporting, P&L statements, operating budgets, market dynamics, capital expenditure planning, manpower planning.
- International experience and strong knowledge of governance and statutory requirements in Ireland strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates an understanding of cash flow, asset & liability reconciliation and owner and franchisee policies and procedures; knowledge of Marriott’s billing and allocation processes as it relates to managed and franchised owners.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills; effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize and interpret complex, detailed financial information and present analytical results in manner appropriate for senior management decision-making (both orally and in writing, in memos or presentation format)
- Ability to manage multiple projects, and work both independently and as part of a team to include supervising staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers
- Highly effective communications skills, including verbal, written and interpersonal.
- Comfortable with complexity, ambiguity and change. Ability to initiate and execute change, taking steps to remove barriers and accelerate its pace.
- Critical thinking and ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize trends and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, identify problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems and evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and assessment of customer satisfaction.
- Trustworthy with strong business integrity and ability to hold sensitive information in confidence.
Education and Professional Certification
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Finance & Accounting or related major required; experience in a multi-site call center environment or Lodging/Hospitality industry strongly preferred.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job