Who We Are
IBAT College Dublin is Ireland's leading enterprise-focused third level institution. It provides a perfect blend of high quality undergraduate, postgraduate and professional education with a state-of-the-art learning environment in a range of subject areas including Business, Accounting, ICT and Management. Established in 2004 in Swords, Co. Dublin, IBAT College Dublin opened a new campus in 2011 in the heart of the city centre, Wellington Quay in Temple Bar. This modern, purpose build campus houses five floors of teaching and learning facilities including classrooms, auditorium, IT labs, library, MBA debating chamber, student recreation and study areas with high speed Wi-Fi throughout.
The Director of Studies (DoS) is responsible for the day-to-day academic management of The English Language School at IBAT College Dublin. The Directors of Studies for each campus report to the Head of School of English who is a member of the Senior Management Group of the College. The DoS is supported by an Assistant Director of Studies in each campus.
In addition to academic management the DoS is expected to carry out teacher training, assist in the professional development of teaching staff and curriculum development. The Directors of Studies and the Head of School are responsible for the academic quality and standards.
· Ensuring the agreed curriculum is delivered and academic resources are in place
· Ensuring the quality of programme delivery and assessment
· Scheduling classes, teachers and students
· Curriculum review and enhancement
· Facilitating Academic Engagement meetings with teachers
· Appointment of qualified teachers
· Oversight and support of the teachers, including performance management
· Teacher observations and appraisal
· Ensure ACELS guidelines are adhered to
· Co-operate with any ACELS Inspections
· Approval of teacher holidays
· Chairing Staff Meetings in the absence of the Head of School
· Teacher documentation checks and updating
· Student liaison and support
· Enhancement of the student experience
Essential Requirements – Qualifications and Experience:
· ACELS recognised TEFL/TESOL certificate
· At least 5 years’ full-time ELT experience
· Familiar with IELTS and Cambridge ESOL exams
· Proven People Management skills and management experience in a similar role
· Ability to work in a multi-functional, dynamic environment
· Energetic, driven and committed to delivering excellence
A DELTA qualification would be an advantage.