OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position will involve delivering goods to our customers in Galway and the surrounding area and looking after the stores area in the Branch. This involves unloading deliveries and putting into stock, updating paperwork on the system to accurately record stock, whilst also maintaining a good standard of housekeeping of the stores area.
• Delivering product on time to our customers in Galway and the surrounding area
• Keep customers updated on orders and deliveries
• Monitoring customer orders and deliveries
• Unloading deliveries and putting into stock in correct locations
• Ensure the correct reporting of damaged stock
• Good housekeeping in particular for the stores area ensuring walkways are free from trip hazards and goods in correct locations
• As and when required, respond to sales enquiries either by phone or over the counter, provide advice, and information to customers
• As and when required prepare quotations and ensure maximum level of sales and margin are achieved
• Participate in stock take when required
• Adherence of all Health & Safety rules and procedures
• Any other duties as may be reasonably requested
Please note that the above list is not intended to capture every detail of your role but the main areas of responsibility.
The following criteria will be used in the selection process. Only those applicants who meet the essential criteria will be shortlisted for interview. The Company reserves the right to initially shortlist those candidates who meet both essential and desirable criteria.
• At least 1 years professional driving experience i.e. transportation / delivery of goods
• Full, Clean Valid Driving License (C or C1 License required)
• Previous experience in stores area or warehouse
• Previous experience in driving a forklift
• Basic level of computer literacy
• Previous experience within the Heating/Plumbing industry
• Hold a current forklift licence
• Current Safe Pass
• Trade Sales Experience