We are seeking an enthusiastic positive and child-centred early years educator to join our team in Smarty Pants Montessori, Naionra & Afterschool.
We are a sessional service, Pre School and Afterschool, running alongside the school calendar, September to June.
The right candidate must be:
· Kind, reliable and work well as part of a small, dedicated team of educators.
· Have a good working knowledge of relevant early years legislation and policy.
· Ability to plan a curriculum led by children’s needs and linked to Siolta and Aistear.
· Have good communication and listening skills, both verbal and written.
· Willing to engage in CPD/training and participate in events related to the preschool.
Roles and Responsibilities to include:
- Co-teaching of a Montessori classroom with 22 children
- Adhere to good practice guidelines in relation to Aistear and Siolta.
- Implementing, planning, and reviewing the classroom curriculum, including observations.
- Ensuring that the well-being and physical needs of all children are being reached daily.
- Supervising Afterschool children with homework and showing initiative and creativity in planning Afterschool Activities.
- Communicating with parents/ guardians daily.
- Maintaining daily records.
- Always Ensuring confidentiality.
Minimum Level 7 childcare qualification or equivalent required.
30-35 hours per week.
Knowledge of the Irish language an advantage.
Extremely Competitive Salary (based on qualifications and experience).
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: €13- €15 per hour
All adults are required to wear masks when distancing cannot be adhered to. All surfaces and resources are sanitised and cleaned regularly.
The closing date for applications is Thursday the 1st of July 2021
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.