Seetec Employment and Skills Ireland is contracted by the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection to operate the JobPath service on behalf of the Irish Government. JobPath is an employment activation service provided to people who have been on the live register for more than 12 months and to enable them to secure and sustain full-time paid employment or self-employment. Working with over 10,000 Irish businesses and employers, Seetec has helped over 30,000 people into work in Ireland to date. The company directly employs over 230 people in Ireland.
We have significantly grown and evolved from our original not for profit roots in 1984, but throughout our 35-year history our commitment to delivering social value has remained at the heart of our culture. Our 2,400 colleagues – across 200 offices in the UK and Ireland – are dedicated to improving the lives of thousands of people every year by identifying and delivering the support they need to be more skilled, productive and prosperous. Our foundation is the strength of our people and their expertise, insight and determination to change the lives of those they support. It was therefore a logical step at the beginning of 2020 to put our future in the hands of our colleagues and become majority employee owned. We are now the 9th largest employee-owned business in the UK and at the beginning of a new chapter in our development where every employee is a stakeholder in our collective success.
We are seeking talented individuals to join our team who enjoy operating in a target driven environment and are looking for an opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
As an Employment Advisor you will be responsible for working with a caseload of clients,and provide motivational support to build positive relationships, guide, inspire, challenge, encourage and help individuals on their journey back into sustainable employment.
Our successful candidates will have excellent communication, presentational, interpersonal, planning and organisational skills. You must be fully IT literate in using a range of Microsoft Office programmes to include 365 products and modern digital technologies/ Microsoft Teams as this role will include remote delivery and in the future delivery face to face in our centres.
You will have a high level of initiative and motivation with the ability to seek out solutions to problems, and be able to work under pressure, without day to day supervision. .
If you are from a sales/recruitment background or work in an environment that involves problem solving or experience in an advising and guidance environment or employability then we would love to hear from you.
- Assess individual client needs and work with them to create a personal progression plan incorporating relevant actions and interventions.
- Meet with clients regularly to review their progress, plan additional actions, sign-post them to 3rd party provision and work with them on a range of areas including job applications and interview techniques.
- Work with your clients throughout their time on JobPath both in the centre, in local communities on an outreach basis, by phone or online and whilst they are in employment, continually motivating and supporting them.
- This is a varied role where you will operate as part of a Centre team/Remote Delivery.
- Undertake interventions on a one to one basis, run sessions for groups of clients covering a wide range of subjects from CV workshops to online job searching to confidence and motivation as well as working with local employers acting as an intermediary for your clients.
- Deliver an exceptional level of customer service at all times, ensuring that targets, KPI’s, processes, procedure, quality benchmarks and compliance standards are met.
Skills and Experience
Who we are looking for:
Applicants selected for interview should be confident in their capacity to demonstrate:
- Qualifications - Leaving Certificate standard (as a minimum). A third level degree is desirable but not a pre-requisite,
- Minimum of one year experience in a recruitment, sales, training and/or customer facing role,
- Experience of working in a target orientated environment with a demonstrable track record of achieving and beating targets,
- Positive, enthusiastic approach to problem solving with a ‘can do attitude’,
- A genuine commitment to the personal and occupational success of the long term unemployed and alignment with organisational vision and values,
- Ability to work as part of a team, under pressure in a fast paced environment,
- Active listening skills with the ability to build rapport and influence,
- Ability to multi-task, organise and manage workload and take a flexible and adaptable approach to changing priorities,
- Good questioning and listening skills with the ability to interpret responses and build rapport with clients and external stakeholders,
- Clear and concise written skills,
- Knowledge and understanding of the of the local labour market,
- Good IT skills with demonstrable experience of using MS Office software and CRM systems.
Please click link for full job description.
Salary: €27,200 - €30,000 p.a. (dependent on experience) Location: GalwayHours: 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday 08.30 am to 5pm Closing Date: 25 October 2021 Due to Covid 19 Interviews will be undertaken via Microsoft Teams Benefits : Company Pension Scheme,Health Insurance Allowance, an employer paid Health Cash Plan– for employees & family, 25 days Annual leave plus Birthday day off, Increased Holiday Buying –up to five additional days, enhanced maternity/adoption and paternity pay arrangements, 2 days Employee Volunteering, Free access to BenefitHub – an online portal with access to a wide range of retail discounts, Life assurance, Cycle to Work scheme, Tax Saver Commuter Tickets.
Seetec Employment and Skills Ireland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern values.
Seetec Employment and Skills Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
If you require assistance with your application or an alternative format please contact the Recruitment Team on on 01-860 8260
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job