Employment Tax Assistant Manager, Dublin/Hybrid
Apply now »
Date: 17 Nov 2023
Location: Dublin, IE, IE
Company: Allied Irish Bank
Role: Employment Tax Assistant Manager
Location: Hybrid working, which will include a blend of onsite (Molesworth St, Dublin) and remote working
Are you looking for a new challenge?
AIB Finance are looking for a talented and ambitious Employment Tax Assistant Manager to join our Group Tax team. This is a permanent role with a competitive benefits package including pension and holiday entitlements.
Our Finance team are key to AIB’s success in delivering its strategic and financial objectives. We are looking for individuals of all backgrounds who want to be part of that successful team, develop their skills, realise their potential and enjoy rewarding careers. We have a hybrid working model that enables our people to balance their time between working from home and the office. Supporting our teams in this way is important to our success.
Sound interesting? Then we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role:
Our teams work to provide insightful financial information to inform decision making across AIB, meet our regulatory commitments, manage AIB’s capital, liquidity and cost effectively and protect the assets of our business for the long term. By doing that we work to contribute to an exceptional customer experience.
In Group Tax, our key objective is to support the business through the delivery of a comprehensive tax advisory service. This is achieved by ensuring that all statutory tax obligations are met and that the Group’s tax position is efficiently managed in accordance with the Group Tax Policy. The department has direct responsibility for the management of Irish and UK tax and oversight responsibility for Group-wide tax matters.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide a pro-active employment tax advisory service to business units
- Participate in projects and initiatives to enable AIB to meet its strategic goals
- Communicate effectively with non-tax colleagues on complex tax issues
- Participate in the management of employment tax risk across the AIB Group
- Where external advisers are engaged, work with and challenge them to achieve the group’s objectives
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the filing of miscellaneous Employment Tax returns - the majority of the tax compliance obligations of the Group are managed by HR
What will you bring:
- A professional tax qualification
- Minimum 4 years relevant Irish employment tax experience in practice or industry
- Strong knowledge of Irish employment tax issues of relevance to a banking group, together with an appreciation of other Irish taxes
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Experience of managing and dealing with diverse workstreams and delivering to specific deadlines
- Good IT skills
Life at AIB
AIB is an equal opportunities employer, and we pride ourselves on being the first bank in Ireland to receive the Investors in Diversity Gold Standard for Inclusion & Diversity. We work to ensure that AIB is a place where diversity is welcome, everyone can thrive, and inclusion is a universal experience. We also pride ourselves in having a range of supports for our people for the challenges life might sometimes throw at them.
At AIB, we have a clear purpose - to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. Sustainability is a core part of our strategy, and we are leading the way in climate finance in Ireland and we pledge to DO MORE.
If this is for you, we would like to hear from you. Click apply and fill in the online application form. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds and abilities and we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all applicants and employees. If you would like more information about the role or working in AIB or should you have a reasonable accommodation request, then please contact the Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
Unsolicited CV’s sent to AIB by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this position. AIB operates a direct sourcing model and where agency assistance is required, the Talent Acquisition team will engage directly with our recruitment partners.
By when? Closing date is Thursday 30th November 2023
Job Segment: Recruiting, Compliance, Assistant Manager, Tax, Banking, Human Resources, Legal, Management, Finance
Apply now »
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job