Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Manufacturing Engineer (Initial 12 Month FTC)
Key Areas of Responsibility
· Ensure quality of process and product as defined in appropriate OS and Material specifications.
· Ensure GMPs and system safety.
· Participate in FMEA, Control Plan, SOP and PPAP generation associated with product transfers and scale ups.
· Support capital acquisition activity from specifying equipment, contract negotiation, Installation and validation.
· Provide training for manufacturing team members.
· Interface with Materials Science, Design and Quality Assurance departments to provide customer with a quality product in a timely manner.
· Validation, Appraisal and support of coating suppliers, machining suppliers and raw material suppliers e.g. Forgings, titanium etc.
· Communicate and participate in system and process troubleshooting with support team members and with external agents.
· Lead and participate cross functional and cross divisional process improvement initiatives.
· Provide engineering support for new Product and new process introduction, ensuring that all activities are completed and documented in accordance with Stryker New product Development Process.
· Process validation for products and processes; VP, IQ, OQ, PQ and associated documentation.
· Conduct Gauge R&R studies for products and new processes.
· Carry out structured problem solving.
· Application and development of statistical tools for use in driving continuous improvement projects.
· All other duties as assigned.
What you need
· Level 8 Degree in Engineering, Science or related discipline or equivalent Technical experience.
· Has 0- 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Business understanding of operations and there impacts essential.
· High level of PC Skills required.
· Flexibility essential.
· Strong communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
· Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
· The individual should enjoy working in a dynamic and results motivated team environment.
· Experience in an FDA regulated or regulated industry beneficial.
· Experience in a six sigma and Lean Manufacturing environment with proven improvement results.
· Green or Black Belt 6 Sigma qualifications.
· Ability to effectively work cross-functionally with A.O, Quality, etc.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job