Rooted in our rich heritage of family farming and embedded in our communities, Glanbia Ireland has evolved to bring the passion of our farmers and their high-quality ingredients to the world. Using modern-day technology and applying the best processes to our milk pool of three billion litres and our outstanding grains portfolio, we export innovative products and tailored ingredient solutions to more than 100 countries. We nurture a talented team of over 2,000 people to manage our network of 11 processing plants and 52 agri branches, serving our communities and delivering annual revenues of around €2 billion.
Glanbia Ireland owns leading consumer and agri brands such as Avonmore, Kilmeaden Cheese, Millac, Truly Grass Fed, Premier Milk, Wexford, mymilkman.ie, Glanbiaconnect.com, countrylife.ie and GAIN Animal Nutrition.
Based in Belview in South Kilkenny, the role reports to the Site Manager. The role has responsibility for developing and implementing the site Maintenance Strategy to Infant Formula (IF) standards in the context of customer requirements, the requirements of the GI organisation and the Infant Formula industry.
- As member of Plant Management Team implement site-wide KPIs relating to: Plant Efficiency; Throughput; Sustainability, Quality, Health and Safety, C.I., Employee Engagement and Financial ROI targets
- Maximise equipment and process efficiencies through minimal unplanned equipment downtime achieved through proactive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Ensure best practice Maintenance, Health & Safety and Quality Management procedures are implemented across the site in line with overall Plant risk management strategy
- Adherence to Quality Standards in line with the Quality Management System and plant customer standards in line with the Plant’s approach to risk management
- Drive overall compliance to Belview Quality System including change control and management and investigation of plant events
- Work closely with site management to meet production plans, customer expectations and to promote & develop a lean, high performance culture
- Support the delivery of site engineering projects and in certain cases manage site owned projects to completion
- Identification and implementation of plant process improvements.
- Accountable for management of the maintenance technician group & ensuring they are properly integrated into the plant operations team.
- Develop a culture of coaching and regular feedback with all direct reports and the broader maintenance team. Conduct routine PDPs with all reports. Ensure all team members have, measurable KPIs and provide them with regular, timely feedback on their performance
- Ensure compliance with maintenance processes & procedures, maintenance schedule; develop and share with central team maintenance practices
- Promote, develop and implement “best practice” principles and maintenance systems i.e. CBM; vibration monitoring, thermal imagining, oil analysis.
- Deliver on agreed KPI’s of plant availability, effectiveness and costs
- Ensure adherence to sustainability, EH&S procedures, where necessary develop & implement additional controls and processes to ensure compliance.
- Trade Qualified and/or 3rd level qualification in Engineering or related Technical Discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in lead engineering role in a food/beverage manufacturing. Medical device or pharmaceutical environment
- Experience in hygienic maintenance and best in class maintenance standards.
- Experience of complex project delivery
- Advanced organisation and planning skills.
- Strong PC skills, Microsoft Office (Word, excel and MS Project), SAP (MM and PM) or other CMMS systems.
- Ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Successful track record of project delivery in a start-up or large scale development project
- Strong process knowledge in Dairy or similar industry
- Ability to manage a range of complex engineering projects to completion
- Experience in management of significant capital budgets
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills Glanbia Ireland is a joint venture 60% owned by Glanbia Co-op and 40% owned by Glanbia plc. If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date resume.
Glanbia Ireland is a Values Based Organisation -www.glanbiaireland.com
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Wexford!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job