We are now recruiting an Engineering Manager (Automation) to join our global engineering team in Eastgate, Little Island, Cork on a permanent basis. We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.The Technical Function is our team of enabling experts offering knowledge and partnership to functions on specialist subjects including engineering, quality and productivity. They ensure operations and food safety excellence for our team. Could you bring a new dimension to our technical expertise? If so, we could take your talents to a whole new level. Position Purpose & Primary Accountabilities:
- Oversee the automation and operational technology strategy implementation across a global network and ensure all systems and processes meet compliance standards aligned to global PepsiCo specifications and industry best practice.
- Working as part of the global engineering group to integrate standards and align the operation accordingly across the business
- Develop PGCS Automation resource capability in terms of numbers and types of resources required and deployed globally, including training and development programs.
- Develop and manage 3rd Party Automation resource relationships globally to ensure appropriate and consistent levels of service across PGCS
- Guide and direct the automation group to deliver the standards.
- Responsible for the identification, prioritization, delivery, and management of automation capital spend across the business.
- Provide ongoing technical guidance and governance required to deliver the enterprise capital plan and maintain manufacturing systems across PGCS
- Support the execution of the key Strategic Programs required to deliver the transform to perform agenda (including scope, contract strategy, resource requirements, communications plan, safety and quality management)
- Ability to think strategically about technology and recommend solutions that align with business strategy and achieve the greatest business impact for our key stakeholders
- Provide oversight and leadership in driving advancements in digital technologies.
- Provide education and guidance to PGCS stakeholders in relation to Operational Technology, highlighting trends and opportunities.
- Work with the broader teams (IT/Operations/Maintenance to ensure flawless execution of the strategic roadmaps with a focus on delivering business case benefits.
- Collaboration – Develop strong partnerships across functions to drive measurable operational results. Possess strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively at all levels within the company
- Collaborate with IT to ensure all aspects of digital asset security of manufacturing systems are implemented and maintained.
- Technical/IT or Engineering Degree coupled with 10/15 years’ experience in a chemical or pharma or food environment
- Experience with defining and driving Automation/Operational Technology strategy
- Strong IT knowledge (networks, databases etc.)
- Experience with development, integration and project management of automated control systems including e.g. PLC’s, SCADA, Batching Systems etc.
- Experience with all appropriate industry standards (e.g. S88/S95)
- Experience with integrating control systems with MES and ERP
- Experience with project/programme execution within complex manufacturing environments.
- Demonstrated Industry 4.0 experience and results.
- Innovation – Identify and understand new, enabling and leading-edge technologies with the ability to assist in deploying these solutions to our business partners.
- Be a well-rounded leader who can influence the management team and site teams demonstrating a collaborative approach to leadership
- Previous experience in the development of high-performance work teams
- Excellent communication skills, be organised and articulate
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales. At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com. For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role an Engineering Manager (Automation) However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be SC Eng Manager#LI-IRELAND#ENG_PC_IERelocation Eligible:
Not ApplicableJob Type:
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!