Dublin Bus is the largest public transport provider in Ireland. We have over 1,000 buses that need to be cleaned, vacuumed, refuelled and put back on the road almost 24 hours a day. We are looking for people who will maintain our buses safely and efficiently and who will make every effort to ensure our customers have a positive experience of Dublin Bus.
All successful applicants may be required to work, day/night or rotating shifts depending on the staffing requirements of their location and will be required to drive all company vehicles.
Engineering Operative, Engineering Department
Reporting to the Engineering Manager.
12 Month Fixed-Term Contract (with a view to a permanent contract of employment)
Starting Salary: €500.80 per week rising to €561.19 based on an 8 year pay scale with shift premium applicable for night and shift work (up to 30% of basic pay).
Areas of responsibility (but not limited to):
• Shunt buses around yard (cleaning, refuelling, parking etc)
• Battery maintenance, greasing, refuelling, and changing oil on buses
• Cleaning and vacuuming buses and premises (including chassis cleaning)
• Undertaking minor repairs and maintenance tasks on buses
Driving Licence requirements:
• A Valid, Clean Category B Irish Driving Licence - held for a minimum of 2 years, with no endorsements
• A Valid, Clean Full Category D Irish Driving licence, with no endorsements
• Applicants must be over 21 years old (to comply with D licence regulation)
• Applicants must have fluent spoken and written English
• Applicants must be available to work shifts, including nights, weekends, public holidays, and rotating shifts depending on staffing requirements
• An NDLS Driver statement (to request this please contact the NDLS on 0818 700 800).
• Enviable level of job security
• Medical (GP) Scheme
• Excellent Pension Scheme
• Subsidies Travel facilities
Click Apply Now to visit our careers page and apply today!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job