Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Permanent Position, full time onsite role. Excellent Opportunity for Progression
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively participate in day to day leadership of the business unit, and positively contribute to the Engineering team, driving engagement activities.
- People and performance Management:
- Coach and mentor the engineering group.
- Resource Management
- Lead the continuous improvement activities.
- Drive RFT & Manufacturing Loss improvements within the value stream.
- Quality Issues: Identifies, develops and implements processes to improve department performance. Provides manufacturing support by defining work assignments directed to address manufacturing process defects and implement process improvements utilizing Quality System tools.
- Develops and/or identifies new work processes and the improved utilization of human and material resources within the operations function.
- Engage and participate in supporting the delivery of Business unit’s KPI’s.
- Oversee the development of operational standards to be used in the plant for capacity evaluations, budget planning and as a basic for operational measures (Key performance indicator).
- Continuously improve the performance of the business by providing technical solutions to operations issues.
- Provide leadership and direction to the business unit on technology development and application within the manufacturing process.
What You Need:
- Ideally 4 years relevant experience in a team based regulated manufacturing environment, and ideally previous supervisory experience.
- B.S in Engineering, Science discipline required or a related degree.
- Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements and current Health and Safety Regulations legislation.
- Proven experience practicing Lean tools.
- Business understanding of operations and their impacts essential.
- High level of skill with Powerpoint
- Strong communication skills with both Internal and external agents.
- An ability to facilitate a team of engineers to deliver a specific objective.
- Flexibility essential with strong project management skills.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job