For the most part, this is an autonomous role. You are responsible for your planning and route. We will assist and support but you are wholly responsible for servicing your client base as per their service specification.
Wondering what a typical day for our Pest Technician looks like?
An autonomous role with no two days the same. From dealing with the corner shop right through to the multinational pharmaceuticals, this role will test you, excite you, and give you a tremendous sense of satisfaction at a job well done.
You will experience a diverse range of pests close up. There is no 'typical day' however it is not uncommon to get a call to deal with a rat problem quickly followed by a call out to an eradication of cockroaches. Never underestimate the valuable service and peace of mind you are providing to all of your customer base when they are faced with unwelcome guests. We have hundreds of testimonials on Trustpilot that can attest to the fact that customers are only too happy to speak highly of you by writing a glowing review, in return for your professional and expert handling of their pest problem.
If the idea of a role that carries a high degree of responsibility combined with expert knowledge gained through on-going training, and the assurance that there are no repetitive days appeals to you, then the role of a service technician with Rentokil ticks all the boxes.
- To service and keep up to date with your client base to a high standard at all times.
- To offer expert opinion and guidance to your customer on all aspects of pest control.
- To complete accurate reports on every call, to ensure the client is fully informed of Rentokil Pest Control’s actions on their premises
- To strive to always offer your customer one complete solution to their pest control problem
- To project a professional image at all times through being clean and well presented
To be considered for the Trainee Pest Control Technician position you will ideally have the following;
- Full clean driving licence
- Have a keen interest in Pest Control - Have no phobias regarding heights or pests
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good Time Management - Your day will be busy with managing and prioritising your workload
- Enthusiasm is required to engage with every one of your customers, smile, say hello, and identify any opportunities to generate new business.
You don’t need to be an expert in Pest Control, as comprehensive training will be provided.
Service, Relationships, and Teamwork are our Core Values:
- We understand that training is essential to bring out the best in you and develop your knowledge and skills.
- Throughout your career, you will keep learning and be supported with new tools, products, and services as we continue to make new advances.
- Diversity and Inclusion are fundamental to the success of our business, our people are what makes us great.
- Whatever your experience, age, or education, with the right attitude and values, there’s a perfect role for you here at Rentokil Initial. We want to hear from you!
- Rentokil is the world’s leading commercial pest control services provider.
- We have over 18,000 local service teams across the world covering North America, Europe, the UK and the Rest of the World, Asia, and the Pacific. Operating in over 80 countries.
- Rentokil Initial provides services that protect people and enhance lives.
- Rentokil Initial is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
As well as joining a FTSE100 company, we also offer you:
- A competitive salary package
- Company Vehicle & fuel card
- Uniforms and Equipment
- Progression Opportunities
- 4 weeks annual leave increasing to 5 weeks
- Additional variable pay opportunity through the introduction of new business
- Access to Company pension
- Refer a Friend bonus
- TrustPilot reward
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Life Assurance
Salary: €25,000 Per Annum, paid monthly
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job