Derrycourt Cleaning Specialists was established in 1992 by Ann and Martin O’Hanlon.
Over the past decade the company has experienced tremendous growth and currently employs a workforce of over 1500 staff. Family owned and managed, Derrycourt Cleaning Specialists takes great pride in total commitment to client satisfaction, always aiming to exceed customer’s expectations and to provide a personal and professional service through the experience and commitment of their trained staff.
Derrycourt’s client base spans across the industrial, commercial, educational, manufacturing, retail, healthcare (both private & public) and hospitality industries. Derrycourt specialises in a range of customised service offerings.
As Financial Controller you will oversee all financial aspects of the business and direct the company’s overall financial strategy plans.
The candidate will require knowledge of accounting, finance, and business principles, coupled with strategic thinking skills and the ability to formulate profitable decisions. The candidate should have assessment skills, including knowledge of financial performance indicators and risk analysis.
The Financial Controller will also be responsible for leading the finance team of 10 colleagues across payroll, invoicing, credit control and accounts payable. In addition, the Financial controller play a key role as part of the management team in driving this award-winning business forward.
Responsibilities OF THE JOB INCLUDE:
· Overall responsibility of the company’s accounting functions.
· Production of monthly management accounts.
· Production of annual accounts and work with auditors on audit process.
· Production of and review of individual client profitability with recommendations to management where action is required.
· Assist Bid Team with Pricing Formulations for new business
· Formulate financial strategy to support growth.
· Work with Directors to highlight issues and work through to successful conclusion.
· Prepare content for and manage special projects at request of MD and Board.
· Manage working capital requirements.
· Support in maintaining insurance company and broker relationships.
· Responsibility to produce financial targets and budgets.
· Responsibility for advising the board on all corporate finance matters including Capital
· Requirements, Debt, Taxation, Equity and Restructuring.
· Main point of contact for finance partners, e.g. the Banks, etc.
· Preparation of Annual Statutory Accounts and ensuring that Central Bank regulatory requirements are met.
· Work with external compliance advisors, taxation consultants and legal professionals to ensure the company is compliant with applicable laws / regulations including Central Bank, company law and tax legislation.
· Developing and managing financial systems/models
· Carrying out business modelling and risk assessments
· Mentor and coach finance team members (10 persons).
· Review Systems and Processes with a view to creating a more efficient workflow.
Key Skills Required: