Carrick-on-Suir Credit Union Limited ranks among the leading credit unions in Ireland with over 10,000 members and €70m in assets.
The credit union is recruiting a FINANCIAL CONTROLLER who will be a key member of the Management Team with overall responsibility for the finance, credit control and data processing functions.
The vacancy has arisen due to the impending retirement of the current Financial Controller.
The FINANCIAL CONTROLLER will report to the CEO day-to-day and to the Board of Directors monthly.
The main responsibilities of the position are to:
- Prepare financial / management accounts, budgets, and cash flow projections,
- Prepare statutory and regulatory returns,
- Report on financial performance to the CEO and Board of Directors,
- Participate in decision-making, as a key member of the management team,
- Lead, supervise, direct and motivate employees working in the finance, credit control and data processing functions,
- Attend Board meetings, as requested by the CEO and Board of Directors, and report on the financial performance of the credit union,
- Liaise and engage with key stakeholders such as internal / external auditors, advisors, and the Central Bank as and when required to ensure all financial information is provided and queries are answered in a professional manner,
- Complete bank and general ledger reconciliations,
- Attend and participate in investment committee meetings, engaging with investment advisors and ensuring adherence to investment strategies and policies,
- Process weekly employee payroll and ensure Revenue requirements are met,
- Complete statistical analysis, statutory returns and regulatory reporting adhering to the required time schedules,
- Implement, monitor, and review the adequacy of financial controls
- Undertake cost / benefit analyses for capital investments, new services and proposed transfers of engagements of other credit unions,
- Implement Board policies and procedures, and attend Board and Committee meetings, as requested,
- Review all finance related policies on an annual basis, bringing proposed changes to the Board for approval,
- Keep established procedures under review and make suggestions for improvement,
- Participate in the strategic planning process and ongoing projects,
- Attend training courses, as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- An accountancy qualification (i.e. ACA, ACCA, CPA, ACMA / CGMA) with financial control, and management reporting experience,
- A minimum of 3 years relevant post qualification experience in practice or in an equivalent financial role in the industry,
- A minimum of three years managing staff,
- An understanding of the ethos of credit unions and sectoral challenges is desirable,
- Experience in developing and implementing policies and procedures for financial control,
- Computer literacy, with good excel skills and use of accounting software.
Salary will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The Credit Union is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Applicants will be shortlisted for interview. Canvassing will disqualify.
The Credit Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.