Swissport are currently recruiting for Aircraft Services Operative (Cleaning & Security) based in Dublin Airport. The starting rate is €10.15 per hour increasing to €11.44 after successful completion of training programme.
and you will be guaranteed a minimum of 20 hours per week with overtime readily available.You must be able to obtain an Airport Airside ID - by providing a full 5 year background check and Police clearance.
Job Summary Cleaning Agents provide a variety of professional cleaning services to ensure aircraft are well presented on both the interior and exterior. This includes (but not be limited) to performing a range of interior and exterior cleaning as contacted by the airline. Other duties may include cleaning office or retail facilities and the operation of specialist ground servicing equipment.
- Fully paid Induction Training – classroom and practical.
- Airport ID provided including Garda Vetting
- On-site car parking facilities at Dublin Airport provided.
- Full uniform & PPE provided
- Staff discounts for shopping at The Loop, Dublin Airport & local businesses
- Access to our Pension scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Strong career progression
- 20 days annual leave increasing to 25days (pro-rated)
- Clean interior areas of the aircraft cabin including the removal of blankets, vacuuming aircraft carpets, wipe down tables, walls, overhead bins, windows and remove trash from seat pockets
- Replenish seat pockets with airline materials as per customer requirements
- Clean lavatories; wash basins, surfaces, mirrors and replenish lavatory supplies
- Clean and sanitize aircraft galleys; mopping floors and wipe down of work surfaces
- Arrange seat-belts on seats, placement of headrests, pillows and blankets as required
- Clean exterior areas of the aircraft as required
- Provide security cleans/checks as required
- Provide professional cleaning for office and retail areas as required
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment which may include vans, aircraft steps, hi-lift vehicles, water/lavatory service trucks
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all time
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Physically fit, able to work in a manual environment
- Able to work as a team in a fast paced environment
- A full driving license
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
- Ability to speak additional languages is desired
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.