Fast-paced, “can-do” helpful environment. Physically demanding at times with regard to, the level of business, client’s requirements, and quantities of material to be processed.
Teamwork and adhering to company policies are essential to ensure the service deliveries run smoothly in all areas and communication flows across all channels.
As an SME, all staff members are aware of tasks to be completed regarding the daily operations of the business. All employees are to assist one another in all tasks when required. Teamwork is essential to the success of the team and business.
The General Operative ensures that Security in Shredding’s customers receives the highest quality service, confidentiality, and professionalism upon every encounter the client has with our team. Services include but are not limited to, secure destruction of data, sensitive materials, and delivery/collection solutions. To achieve this, The General Operative must work as part of a team, follow instructions accurately, interact with customers, team members, and management in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner daily.
It is the responsibility of The General Operative to carry out his/her duties in compliance with the training received, and the policies set out in the Employee Handbook and Procedure Manual. Total client satisfaction during all service deliveries is a minimum requirement and encourages teamwork within the business and amongst colleagues.
- Providing professional data destruction services on a nationwide basis.
- Working within The Company’s services to comply with company standards and adhering to safety/quality aspects, thus ensuring consistency every time.
- Manually lifting up to and including 40 Kilos of material applying specific manual handling training. All lifting is to be carried out in line with manual handling training utilising the lifting aids provided if required (E.g. sack cart, trolley wheelie receptacle)
- The General Operative must assess all loads prior to moving the load in line with manual handling training. Receptacles may need to be split into separate loads for lifting and transporting purposes.
- Ensuring data security at all times throughout daily operations
- Frequent manual seal removal and opening of packaging or casings.
- Working as part of a team, treating all staff and management with respect
- Route planning when completing services
- Loading collection vehicles with bins, boxes, bags, pallets containing paper material, recyclables and IT equipment
- Preparing receptacles for delivery
- Delivery of receptacles
- Sorting material entering the destruction process and recycling process
- Customer care - ensuring client satisfaction upon each and every encounter
- Ensuring responsibilities, Company policies, standards and procedures are applied during each service delivery.
- Assist in the maintenance of cleanliness of interior and exterior all company vehicles.
- Following company guidelines/training in all aspects of service deliveries, maintenance, and maintaining the confidentiality of the data.
- Physically traveling distances carrying material for collection/destruction including stairs.
- At all times, portraying a professional image whilst employed by Security in Shredding, both onsite at our facility, offsite in transit, and onsite at the client’s/partner locations.
- Working with the management team to increase the number of clients
- Ensuring uniform and personal appearance is complying with company guidelines.
- Flexibility to work in all areas of service deliveries as requested by Management.
- Constantly putting the customer first, whether first thing in the morning or last thing before finishing work.
- High level of fitness and stamina to complete manual handling tasks
- Excellent customer service skills and demonstrable skills.
- Excellent understanding of the recycling and disposal industry.
- Total understanding of confidential data destruction services and standards.
- A keen eye for attention to detail.
- Strong communication and relationship skills
- Creative, innovative, and willing to contribute ideas and professional opinions.
- Passion and enthusiasm for delivering total customer satisfaction.
- Strong sense of initiative and a “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
This role will commence on a temporary basis with the Company with the potential to progress to part-time and full-time.
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.