Businesses are built by the experiences they provide, and every day millions of those experiences are delivered by Avaya Holdings Corp. (NYSE: AVYA). Avaya is shaping what's next for the future of work, with innovation and partnerships that deliver game-changing business benefits. Our cloud communications solutions and multi-cloud application ecosystem power personalized, intelligent, and effortless customer and employee experiences to help achieve strategic ambitions and desired outcomes. Together, we are committed to help grow your business by delivering Experiences that Matter. Learn more at www.avaya.com.
About the Opportunity
The Solutions & Technology organization in Avaya is the company’s global team responsible for the innovation and development of Avaya’s contact center, unified communications and collaboration products and services. We are excited about how the world is technologically evolving and strive to lead new revolutions in how businesses communicate through cloud, artificial intelligence, automation, and mobility. Avaya’s Solutions & Technology is seeking the best and the brightest to help transform how the world connects.
The Cloud Engineer will be part of an organization responsible for key SaaS Avaya offers already in the market as well as upcoming programs. This individual will join Scrum teams to be a hands-on contributor with focus on designing, developing and continually improving new and existing applications required by the supported programs.
About the Responsibilities
- Design and develop public and private cloud solutions
- Evaluate cutting edge Cloud technologies, drive towards adoption, create proof-of-concept and frameworks
- Participate in design, coding, reviews, testing, documentation, deployment, and support
- Collaborate in analyzing existing code and remediating both functional and performance issues in large scalable distributed systems
- Define, review, and consult on cloud deployment architecture in GCP, Azure and AWS
- Be a hands-on team member contributing in Scrum meetings for multiple Avaya programs
About the Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, or related field.
- Programming skills in Java, C, C++
- Experience with source code management tools such as GIT
- Experience with Unix/Linux administration and Shell Scripting
- Experience with Messaging/Event driven application development
- Knowledge of Azure, AWS, GCP, and private or hybrid-cloud deployments
- Experience developing applications for Linux and VMware run time environments
- Familiarity with Microservices and Containerization tools e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- REST Web Services experience
- Strong Development and Debugging skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
- Astute, willing to share and collaborate, always ready to learn.
- Exhibit flexibility and an ability to think creatively in a way that identifies solutions to problems
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job