Hewlett Packard Enterprise
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
The mission of the Global Security organization in Hewlett Packard Enterprise is to protect the company with world-class, extensible security capabilities and advance HPE's business objectives by effectively managing risk. We do this by constantly monitoring, assessing and responding to physical, cyber and business continuity threats directed towards HPE and implementing mitigating controls.
The successful candidate will be part of HPE's Global Security & Emergency Command Centre (GSECC) operations team. You are an energized individual with a sense of urgency, highly motivated and willing to work in a team, often operating and having to make decisions during high impact events. Specific functional areas of responsibility and adeptness include; physical security systems monitoring and alarm response (access control, CCTV, intrusion detection); employee travel safety and security; critical geopolitical world incident monitoring and response; and support of Global Resiliency teams during crisis management events such as the HPE corporate response to the COVID19 global pandemic.
- Detect Security incidents in real time through centralized monitoring
- Analyze security and geopolitical events from multiple sources across a large enterprise network, including SIEM, access control, CCTV, intrusion detection, Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) etc. and identify the root causes and address opportunities
- Drive innovation and improvement by identifying opportunities in new technologies, capabilities, processes and procedures
- Provide excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to recommend process improvement to improve GSECC operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Help to develop and implement enterprise standards and procedures guiding GSECC in the protection of Hewlett Packard Enterprise employees, visitors, assets, data, brand & reputation.
Skills and Abilities:
- Be a dependable team player with strong business insight, enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Be an excellent communicator, whether writing, speaking or presenting.
- Possess an impeccable work ethic and a high degree of integrity.
- Ability to make rapid informed decisions, while working in an agile environment.
- A good all-round knowledge of IT
Qualifications/Education, Experience and Eligibility:
- Recent Graduates from Bachelor's or Master’s degree in IT, Cyber Security, Computer Networking, Computer Science or related discipline
- Interest and basic understanding of Security risks, threats, best practices and prevention measures
- A willingness to acquire in-depth knowledge of physical security technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Information security related experience in areas such as: security operations, vulnerability management, system patching, log analysis, forensics, secure programming - – an advantage
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art security technology including access control & CCTV systems – an advantage
- Previous experience in a corporate security or IT command centre – an advantage
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
- GSECC provide 24/7 coverage, 365 days a year. This is achieved through rotating shift patterns (weekends, evenings & nights). A shift allowance will be included
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Galway
The Galway site has various business groups located in Ballybrit Business Park including a state-of-the-art Cyber Fusion Centre and a thriving Innovation Centre. The site is located 15 minutes from Galway city, a vibrant and cultural city on the western coast of Ireland.
Galway is the base for the HPE Security Centre of Excellence and the home of the Security Fusion Centre, of which GSECC is a function. Security staff currently based in Galway are spread among many distinct Security functions such as Risk & Compliance, Network Security, Big Data Intelligence, Defense Center Analysts, Advanced Threat & Intelligence, Training and Awareness, Project Managers and Endpoint Protection. Security in Galway is comprised of graduate level employees to Master level technologists, Managers and a Director.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer with various employee resource groups including International Women’s Network & Women in Security. These groups also have regular external guest speakers open to all employees. HPE also provides employees volunteering hours as an opportunity to give back to the community.
The Fitness Suite is located on Ground Floor and is available to members of the HPE Galway Sports & Social Club to participate. The Fitness Suite offers a group fitness schedule. Typical classes include yogalates, 15/15/15, pilates, and circuits boot camp.
Sports and Social Club
There is a vibrant Sports & Social club which manage a range of clubs such as Soccer, Cycling, Tag Rugby, Golf, Angling, Photography, Running, Walking, & Musical Society. This group also host seasonal events like BBQs, Winter Parties etc
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job