There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
General Motors (GM) manufacturing/site engineering team is part of GM’s Global Telecom network engineering towers and is responsible for delivering and operating GM’s global network. Functions of manufacturing /site engineering include support for LAN and WAN network installations, incident support and the management and delivery of changes to the global GM network environment. Team members are responsible for multiple networking technologies, services, and other network communication components. GM’s industry-leading network environment employs conventional and emerging networking technologies to efficiently deliver robust services to the GM business and maintain GM’s network and application service levels.
- Work with project teams and represent network engineering for project installations.
- Work with local site resources when required.
- Action self-directed projects.
- Escalate to engineering vertical teams as appropriate and provide timely updates to leadership on critical issues.
- Participate in upgrade and installation activities.
- Effective collaboration and communication with peers and cross functional teams.
- Create presentation material and presenting same to peers and senior leadership.
- Create/maintain/update GM telecom documentation and processes.
- Providing technical support for operational issues.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving network problems.
- Monitor network team ticket queues.
- Out of hours working will be required to facilitate business functions.
- Participate in shift-work to provide engineering support to GM facilities, for installations, incidents and maintenance.
- Responsible for performing call-back to customers in a timely and professional manner.
Additional Job Description
- Technical Bachelors third level degree in I.T. / related discipline, or equivalent certifications.
- Demonstrate an effective level of experience in WAN and LAN technologies including Cisco, HP.
- Ability to think logically, resolve conflicts, and work in critical situations.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – written, verbal.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Confidence to self-manage.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with integrity.
- Ability to verbally communicate using English as your working language.
- Travel may be required.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job