ALONE is a national organisation that strives to enable older people to age at home, safely and securely, for as long as they wish. We work with all older people, including those who are lonely, isolated, frail or ill, homeless, living in poverty, or are facing other difficulties.
We provide an integrated system of Support Coordination, Practical Supports, Befriending, a variety of Phone Services, Social Prescribing, Housing with Support, and assistive technology.
We use support plans, provide a point of contact for access to health, social care, housing, transport, and other arising needs using technology and other services and activities to improve physical, emotional, and mental wellbeing.
We have nearly 3,000 volunteers throughout the Country who conduct and provide practical supports to older people, visits and phone calls, linking older people into social activity and being a companion.
We are now recruiting for a Head of Communications & Fundraising. This is a wonderful and exciting opportunity to join one of the most important charities in Ireland in a period when the need for our services has never been greater.
By participating, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to positively influence the lives of many older people in Ireland.
This post is ideal for someone who enjoys creating strategies, working with a wide range of stakeholders both internally and externally, is a real team player who is unfazed by the task at hand, and who wants to protect and support older people. It is a highly visible role where you can determine how ALONE is viewed and supported and you can shape our community as a result of your contribution.
- Strategy and planning – working closely with the CEO and Head of Finance and other members of the senior management team you will create a comprehensive and innovative fundraising plan. You will help the organization forge strong links with corporate partners and create various long-term avenues for creating giving. You will ensure that the organisation keeps its moral direction strong at all times.
- Brand development – You will manage all communications coming from ALONE to make them at all times clear, strategic, coherent, and compelling. You will assist the organization to develop a strong plan that helps improve ALONE’s profile in Ireland across all target audiences, funders, and policy-makers.
- Advocacy - You will enjoy being an influential advocate for the organisation and those we support, including but not limited to the media, funding organisations, government agencies, other charities, and networking groups.
- This role will encompass all areas of public affairs ensuring our campaigns for changes are effective, measured and impactful both internally and externally.
- Some experience in managing policy campaigns and knowledge of the political system in Ireland would be an advantage
- Donation management – You will guide ALONE in its creation of attractive and appropriate ways to structure donation-giving to help reach our donation potential.
- You will wish to do this in a tasteful and respectful manner, in line with the charity’s ethos, while still understanding that we need to increase our funding as much as possible.
- Fundraising development and advocacy – You will enjoy creating, leading, and managing the fundraising strategy for ALONE, partnering with institutional partners, high net worth donors and charitable trusts through pro-active contact networking to ensure it reaches its potential.
- Grant management – Understanding the importance of their role to our success, you will act as a key intermediary in liaising between appropriate state funding bodies and ensure that the relationship between ALONE and these funding bodies is safeguarded and positively influenced at every opportunity.
Essential Skills and Background:
The Head of Communications and Fundraising will require an individual who can demonstrate the following:
- Educated to degree level or similar
- At least five years’ experience gained at a senior level in a similar role
- Experience in a not-for-profit organisation at a mid or senior level
- An understanding of fundraising for advocacy causes and the synergies between advocacy campaigns and fundraising.
- Excellent sales skills and first-class relationship management combined with a polished, tactful personality to cultivate relationships appropriately
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully with the leadership team, the Board, and team members.
- Excellent networking skills and media experience
- Exceptional communication ability across verbal, editing, and written forms
- Strong financial and planning experience to be able to set appropriate fundraising goals, understand the requirements of the organisation to reach success, and set plans in place to achieve those goals.
- Strong identification with the goals of ALONE and a desire to shape and change certain older people’s experience of society today
- The position is full-time and dependent on annual funding
- We work a minimum 35-hour work-week in a good environment
- The position will be remotely based initially and then at our Head Office at Olympic House, Pleasants Street, Dublin 8 after Covid-19 workplace restrictions have been lifted
- Remote Induction and training will be carried out on commencement in role.
- The salary range is €60,000 – 70,000 dependent on skills and experience and there is 24 days’ annual leave.
Please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter stating what interests you about working with ALONE by clicking Apply Now!
ALONE is an equal opportunities employer.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday the 15th of June 2021
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.