799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives.
This is a dual role; key member of the global CTS (Novartis’ global business services) ERC team reporting to the Global Head of ERC CTS and on the leadership of the Novartis Global Service Center Dublin reporting to the Site Head, NGSC Dublin.
- You will define the ERC Global Process Methodology in line with CTS (standards, to ensure simplification end-to-end (E2E) ERC services across Novartis from an internal and external customer perspective and compliance with the Novartis / Divisional internal control standards
- You will drive effective/efficient ERC Global process implementation through the ERC Global Process Owner community towards “best in class” benchmarks in support of the ERC Ambition to be a leading ERC Function in the Industry.
- You will ensure consistent implementation of ERC (relevant) enterprise asset portfolio towards a common standard under direction of the ERC Architecture Board and in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- You will drive globalization and continuous improvement of CTS ERC Specific global processes into the Novartis Global Service Centers (NGSC’s)
- You will also establish a network within CTS for ERC (relevant) activities that meets agreed service levels, driving continuous improvements against defined benchmarks and drive a continuous improvement mindset in the organization.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Strategy & Planning:
- Provide input to CTS ERC strategy and translate the related parts into operational plans; monitor and initiate corrective measures in case of deviations
- Develop strategy, processes and standards for all aspects (e.g. processes, programs and projects) in close collaboration with the respective organizations
- Work closely with stakeholders at global/ regional/ country level as relevant to drive respective programs- and projects and to anticipate future needs and opportunities
- Be active key member of the global CTS ERC team and proactively establish strong relationship with the extended community to understand their needs and challenges, and to manage implementation of operational objectives and drive continuous improvement and innovation
- Responsible for the project budget/resource allocation
- Proactively apply organizational diagnostic expertise to analyse and identify potential design improvements, providing change management support and appropriate communications to prepare implementation of new services, processes and/or projects
- Active identification of external counterparts able to share/leverage their experience
Leadership and Management:
- Set clear objectives for CTS ERC Business Partners in line with the CTS ERC vision
- Partners with internal key stakeholders at a global, regional and local level to ensure integration and overall efficiency
- Owns and drives future productivity improvements to enable achieving the efficiency (cost) and effectiveness targets year over year and actively manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Prepare annual business plan in line with CTS ERC vision/objectives
- Coordinate implementation of decisions from the ERC Architecture Board as and when relevant.
Implementation and Operations:
Governance, ERC Process Management methodology and Training:
- Ensures well functioning governance framework to drive changes in Novartis for ERC e2e Process Ownership and Master Data towards a common standard
- Change agent and role model for proactively challenging the status quo, taking calculated risks and making fact based decisions and recommendations
- Drives change management initiatives in support of moving towards a standard process framework
- Ensures process owners and managers define & document standard process (incl. SOPs), information flows and controls at global level in line with the ERC Global Process Methodology, to strive for operational excellence benchmarking with best in class organizations. This includes training methodology, work instruction methodology etc..).
- Takes leadership to sponsor global ERC initiatives and projects in the CTS organization
ERC Enterprise Asset Portfolio:
- Ensure standardization of overall ERC (relevant) CORE system landscape its master data and enablement through system rollouts across countries/systems as defined by the ERC Architecture Board.
- Leads the ERC Core Governance structure for all related solutions
- Drives identification of process & system opportunities to optimize the investments made in the global Enterprise Assets
- Ensures identification of core solutions in colloboration with ERC IT in alignment with related strategies and develop roadmap for implementations
- Owns the transition strategy to globalize and continuously improve CTS ERC Specific global processes into the NGSC’s
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are clearly defined, measured regularly and achieved and when not achieved, root-cause analysis performed and corrective action plans executed
- Ensures operational excellence in CTS ERC
- Drive continuous improvements of CTS ERC related processes
- Develop and maintain ERC Global Process Methodology including adequate controls which are in compliance to the requirements of ONCE and achieve internal audits endorsements
- Identify opportunities to improved compliance and increase productivities via automation of manual controls,
- Work closely with Risk & Resilience to ensure process compliance
- Monitor all internal audit and Risk & Resilience monitoring issues relating to the the standard process and ensure timely completion of action plans. Where needed, provide support to the NGSC’s for issue closure
- Role model a leadership style that is unbossed, inspired, curious and integrity.
- She/he will also build and develop talent, and drive a continuous improvement mindset in the organization and develop and execute training in the defined areas of process expertize
What you’ll bring to the role:
Bachelor’s Degree in business, risk management, law or other relevant subject matter required.
- 10 years of work in pharmaceutical, device or healthcare industries with relevant exposure to the compliance/risk functions or managed a comparable compliance function at a large scale.
- Senior Leadership experience, experience in leading via influence to build effective working relationships across functions.
- Experience in a highly regulated industry with its dynamics, regulatory framework with a demonstrated in-depth understanding of applicable legal, regulatory, and compliance matters affecting global pharmaceutical companies with approved products.
- Proven track record of leadership that brings out the best in talent, attracting the best and brightest talent while fostering a thriving culture
- Demonstrated ability to understand situations, interdependencies and challenges in a holistic way and plan and execute strategically within ERC corporate strategy..
- Ability to oversee business and technology remediation projects and lead them to successful completion in an organized, efficient, and effective manner.
- In depth Knowledge of healthcare laws and regulations
- Knowledge of Compliance Program structure and administration
- Postgraduate degree in Business Administration is desired
- Experience in Digital / IT transformations an added advantage
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2020. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2021 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
#LI-NOV = Novartis
Novartis Ireland Limited
Commercial & General Management
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job