Head of Supplier Management and Strategy
Purpose of role:
The role involves the monitoring and management of Supplier performance, engagement with the Supply Base and the evolution of the Primark Supplier strategy to ensure best in class Primark Supply Base.
Reports to: Sourcing Director
- The role involves strong collaboration with the Buying, Regional Sourcing, Technical and Ethical Teams to pro-actively manage and resolve supplier capacity, quality, performance and ethical issues.
- The role involves the management of Supplier analysis, monitoring and reporting on supplier conformance and performance and regular engagement with Supply Base to ensure continuous improvement.
- The role involves the development and execution of the Primark Strategic Partnership Model, challenging and developing the Primark Supply Base to continuously improve.
- The role involves the management of the Supplier on-boarding process end to end in collaboration with the Ethical Trade and Buying Teams and including engagement with regional sourcing offices to ensure new and existing suppliers/factories are on-boarded as quickly and smoothly as possible.
- The role involves the management of Primark supplier capacity and order volumes to ensure deliveries flow smoothly as per agreed Purchase Order critical path.
- The role involves working with B&M Operations Team to support new suppliers during their first seasons with Primark in ensuring they are fully compliant and engaged with Primark Finance, Customs and Supply Chain Teams to enable them to maximize their commercial impact.
- The role involves liaising with the Head of Key Lines and supporting the Key Line Process in determining the appropriate suppliers per product category based on established supplier performance.
- The role will involve supporting the Head of Central Sourcing and the Heads of Quality in preparing for the B&M Quarterly meetings and supporting the delivery of the outputs from these meetings.
- The role will require attending individual supplier meetings in ARH/Reading House, suppliers’ locations as required and will also involve travel to Primark supplier origins as required.
- Successful candidate should have a strong commercial background and commensurate experience.
- Successful candidate should have very strong relationship management skills to develop strong and successful relationships with the Primark Supply Base.
- The successful candidate needs an understanding of the commercial, volume, multi-product category Primark business.
Why work with us?
As well as giving you a competitive salary, there’s a lively culture here, and it’s easy to get to know each other in a truly warm atmosphere. Plus, we’re well equipped for a healthy lifestyle with our own café, canteen, and gym.
With the freedom to bring your ideas to life, you’ll feel at home in our fast-growing and fast-paced company.
So, if you want to take the next step in your career, apply now.