We are looking for qualified Heavy Vehicle Mechanics to join our Engineering team.
As Dublin Bus is the largest public transport provider in Ireland, with a fleet of over 1000 buses to maintain, our mechanics are at the core of our organisation. They are experienced and passionate, and we want you to join them.
All successful applicants may be required to work, day/night or rotating shifts depending on the staffing requirements of their location and will be required to drive all company vehicles.
Heavy Vehicle Mechanic, Engineering Department
Reporting to the Engineering Manager.
12 Month Fixed-Term Contract (with a view to a permanent contract of employment)
Starting Salary: Salaries begin at €692.78 per week rising to €823.73 based on an 8 year pay scale, with shift premium applicable for night and shift work (up to 30% of basic pay).
Areas of responsibility (but not limited to):
• Vehicle and plant fault diagnosis
• Preventative maintenance and repair of vehicles, plant, and premises
• All tasks associated with the mechanical systems, electrical systems, and body systems of vehicles
• Operate garage equipment
• National Craft Certificate for the trade of Heavy/light Vehicle Mechanic awarded by SOLAS/Department of Education following the successful completion of a recognised SOLAS apprenticeship
• Advanced Certificate – Craft awarded by FETAC following the successful completion of a recognised SOLAS apprenticeship
Driving Licence requirements:
• A Valid, Clean Category B Irish Driving Licence - held for a minimum of 2 years, with no endorsements
• A Valid, Clean Full Category D Irish Driving licence, with no endorsements
• Be over 21 years old (to comply with D licence regulation)
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Applicants must be available to work shifts, including nights, weekends, public holidays, and rotating shifts depending on staffing requirements
• An NDLS Driver statement (to request this please contact the NDLS on 0818 700 800).
• Enviable level of job security
• Medical (GP) Scheme
• Excellent Pension Scheme
• Subsidies Travel facilities
• Career Development
Click Apply Now to visit our careers page today!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job