This is an exciting opportunity to join the Right at Home team in Cork. Right at Home provides quality professional home care to our clients to enable them to live independently in their own homes.
- Supportive Work Environment
- Progression opportunities
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- At least 12 months related experience providing quality care is (desirable)
- Must hold at least 2 QQI level 5 Healthcaremodules – of which must include Care Skills and Care of the elderly (essential)
- Intending to work towards completion of a major award in Healthcare support or equivalent within the next 12 months (essential)
- Up to date patient moving & handling certificate (desirable)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (essential)
- Reliable and trustworthy with a strong commitment to providing high levels of care (essential)
- Full clean drivers licence with own transport (desirable)
- Ability to work alone, use initiative and be mindful of health and safety and other organisational policies at all times (essential)
- Assisting with both personal and practical care tasks e.g. dressing, washing, light household work, meal preparation
- Facilitating independence and social involvement i.e. trips, shopping, banking, community activities
- Ensure dignity, privacy and independence is maintained and respected at all times
- The Health Care Assistant will be flexible in approach and may be assigned additional duties from time to time.
- Reporting any medical issues to our Clinical Nurse team.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
- Driving (Preferred)
- Level 5 Healthcare Qualification (Preferred)