Virtue Integrated Elderly Care are seeking to recruit a Full-time permanent Staff Nurses for a brand new luxurious nursing home in South Dublin (opening November 2019)
Purpose of Position
To work alongside the DON and Clinical Nurse Manager to insure the smooth running of the Nursing Home.
To assume responsibility for the provision of High Standards of nursing and social care.
To deputies in the absence of the DON
Clinical Nurse Manager
- To motivate staff by acting as an excellent role model, and to focus staff on resident care by fostering the ethos, values and philosophy we hold in Ferndene Nursing Home
- To line manage a team of care staff
- To ensure that there is adequate staffing at all times and to manage the duty roster in accordance with the agreed staffing model
- To participate in the induction of new staff
- To play an active role in the provision of direct nursing care.
- To ensure that residents needs are met with dignity and respect
- To promote residents independence and empowerment at all times
- To ensure the management of medicine administration/ storage/ ordering and control, is in keeping with Ferndene Nursing Home policy on Medication management
- To ensure the residents nutritional needs are met
- To ensure that there is comprehensive care planning records maintained for all residents in our care documentation
- To liaise with resident’s Doctors and professional allied to medicine regarding their car
- To ensure adequate stock and the appropriate use of clinical products
- To participate in the management of complaints in keeping with Ferndene Nursing Home complaints policy
- To participate in the management of elder abuse cases in keeping with Ferndene Nursing Home elder abuse policy
- Ensure that all procedures are carried out as described in the Ferndene policy manual
- To ensure that resident tissue viability is managed in a proactive manner
- To ensure resident safety through risk assessment and best practice
- To ensure and adherence to Ferndene Nursing Home infection Control Process
- Nursing Staff have an essential role in creating a home where genuine person centred care is the reality of every individual who lives here.
- In addition to your Nursing responsibilities and as part of the whole home approach to quality of life for each resident, your focus will also be to create Meaning, Purpose and a Sense of Home and Identity for every person who lives in Ferndene
- To work in partnership with multidisciplinary team to ensure that recommendations made in Quality of Life Care Plans are put in place
- QUIS – Quality of Life Audits will be carried out every 3 months by the Social Care Manager to identify the lived experience of each resident. These audits will acknowledge our strengths as a team and identify how we can further enhance the lived experience of EACH resident and utilize our strengths further. The Whole Ferndene Team will be involved in the implementation of the findings from these audits.
- Strengths Focused Care – To be responsible for identifying the strengths of each resident and ensuring that each resident is supported in doing and achieving as much as possible in his/her day
- Ensuring that all interactions with individual residents are based on positivity, Empathy, Respect, Trust, Openness, Congruency, Fun, Laughter and Togetherness
- Understanding Behaviour as a reaction, a form of communication and a sign of ill-being. Working as a team to identify the possible reason for why a resident might be responding in such a way and working together to support the resident to achieve wellbeing, happiness and contentment.
- Language – To use Person Centred Language to describe situations relating to residents. Not using terms such as wanderer, toileting, challenging behaviour, aggressive, demented, feeder, nappies, etc. These labels dehumanise people and our culture is one which celebrates each resident’s strengths, sees everyone as equals and understands ‘behaviour’ as a form of communication and of needs not being met.
- To work in partnership with Social Care Manager to identify your strengths and interests so that you can support individual residents to make meaningful connections to what is important to them (Ferndene Team Assets
- To be familiar with the inspection procedure
- To ensure regulatory compliance in respect of HIQA standards, Fire, Health
- To keep up to date on current practices of are for Older Persons
In return we offer:
- Income protection
- Live Insurance/Death in Service
- Injury at work payment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Career Progression opportunities
- Free ongoing training and development
- Excellent rates of pay
- Support in further education