Housing Support Coordinator – ALONE
ALONE support older people to age at home. We provide direct, frontline services to people aged 60 and over, through support coordination, befriending and support, housing with support, co-living, and the application of assistive technology. We have more than 2,000 volunteers and 140 plus homes for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. We have been awarded Quality Marks from Volunteer Ireland, the ISO, the Charities Regulator and the Housing Regulatory Standard.
You will hold responsibility for managing a comprehensive caseload to support and advocate for services for older tenants in ALONE housing to enable and empower them to age well at home. The role will also involve at times, crisis intervention and providing practical supports to tenants.
• Carry out comprehensive assessments with older people to ensure that all aspects of the older person’s needs are identified, supported and resolved and that any risks are mitigated.
•To implement identified needs from assessments
• To assist tenants at times of crisis
• Coordinating Practical Supports such as food, fuel and medication delivery to Older People at their homes and matching volunteers to deliver these practical supports.
• Manage and lead the response to complex cases including, but not limited to, issues regarding emotional wellbeing, housing issues, health difficulties and vulnerable persons at risk of abuse.
• Advocate for the needs of Older People across a range of stakeholders
• Recruit, train and support volunteers, volunteer leaders to work safely and to develop a mutually beneficial relationship with older people availing of our services.
• Build strong referral relationships with statutory and non-statutory agencies.
• Maintain necessary confidentiality relating to the work of the service and regarding older people, staff and partner organisations and in line with guidance in the use of the ALONE Management Information System (MIS) and data protection policies and procedures.
• During the COVID-19 response, your role will also involve, providing advice, reassurance and up to date information on COVID-19 as instructed by HSE and linking Older People to ALONE’s Telephone Befriending service.
• You may be required to undertake additional duties or tasks as required.
During the COVID-19 response, you will be mainly working remotely from home and you will be
provided with all equipment and devices to enable you to do this.
Skills and Background:
• Self-motivated person who is committed to ALONE’s mission is essential.
• Previous experience in social care settings.
• Able to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, discretion and respect is essential.
• High level communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to network and
negotiate effectively with individuals, groups and stakeholders, is essential.
• Good computer literacy, with experience of using case management systems is desirable.
• Excellent organisational skills, report writing, solution focused skills and multi-tasking skills
• Full driving licence.
• An understanding of basic housing maintenance would be an advantage.
• This is a 6 month fixed term contract. It is a full-time role at 35 hours per week, Monday to Sunday.
• You may be required to be worked in a variety of flexible patterns, e.g. 5 over 7 days, compressed hours or other flexible working patterns as required.
• Regular travel and remote working is required with this role with adaptable working arrangements available to facilitate this flexibility.
• This role will involve working in Dublin 1,3,5, 7 and Dublin 8.
• Remote Induction and training will be carried out on commencement in role.
• The salary scale offered for this position is €27,000 to €34,000, depending on experience.
Click APPLY NOW to send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter stating what interests you about working with Alone, the role and your availability.
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.
The closing date for applications is Friday the 22nd of January 2021
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.