ALONE is a national organisation that supports and empowers older people to age happily and securely at home.
We support individuals and their families, work with other organisations, and campaign nationwide to improve the lives of older people.
We work with all older people, including those who are lonely, isolated, frail or ill, homeless, living in poverty, or are facing other difficulties.
We support them through these challenges to help them find long-term solutions.
This is a new role and will involve working as part of the Housing Development Unit within the Housing Department of ALONE.
The role will support the organisation to deliver on its ambitious target to develop the Housing with Supports (HwS) model of housing in Ireland.
Working with the Head of Innovation and Enterprise, the role will act as an ambassador for ALONE Housing with key stakeholders such as Local authorities, the HSE, and Developers to secure HwS Schemes for the ALONE development pipeline.
ALONE are planning to develop over 320 HwS units over the next 4 years. This role will be a one-year contract. Upon completion of this post, there is scope for an extension of this role or an alternative role long term.
For the duration of the contract, you will report directly to the Head of Innovation and Enterprise
Responsibilities will include
- Support the Head of Innovation and Enterprise in the rollout of the ALONE’s Housing strategic goal to develop HwS schemes for older people around Ireland
- Promote ALONE’s HwS model with all potential developers and stakeholders
- Assist in identifying potential development and partnership opportunities in order to secure schemes throughout Ireland
- To explore and create opportunities for partnerships with other housing providers (AHBs) to secure HwS schemes
- Undertake relevant research and mapping required to build a business case for housing schemes
- Project Lead the projects that are secured as part of the development pipeline
- Collaborate with other departments and service managers to ensure that all projects and schemes are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- To identify any potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of projects and work to identify and implement potential solutions
- Ensure that all potential partnerships and projects are aligned to ALONE’s goals as identified in the Strategic Plan and be responsible for the delivery of goals as agreed
- Preparation and presentation of documents and reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain strong relations with senior staff within the LA network, HSE, and private developers
- Work with the HoI&E to secure Shared Services (SSM) MOUs with LA’s and other AHB’s
- Assist the Head of Innovation and Enterprise in developing a suite of promotional material for both HwS and the SSM
Essential Skills and Background
- Experience working in the building/construction sector, ideally with an Approved Housing Body
- Experience of the Capital Works Management Framework (CWMF)'
- Previous experience in project management of construction projects,
- Experience in business development or change management
- Knowledge of LA and HSE sectors would be desirable
- Self-motivated person who is committed to ALONE’s mission
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to network and negotiate effectively with individuals and groups, within ALONE and externally
- Understanding of the Not for Profit sector would be beneficial
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, discretion, and respect
- The ability to multi-task, problem-solve and respond positively to a changing and growing environment
- Excellent computer literacy
- Excellent Organisational skills, report writing, and managing meetings
General Requirements for all ALONE staff
- Work with line management structure to provide clear communication and strategic direction
- Work to enable older people to remain at home with quality of life and independence.
- Work professionally and confidentially and in line with ALONE’s rights and evidence-based approach.
- Participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking the information as appropriate.
- Keep all records, data, and reports up to date.
- Participate in the development and implementation of ALONE’s Quality Management Systems.
- The position is full-time and dependent on annual funding
- We work a minimum 35-hour work-week in a good environment
- The position will be remotely based initially and then at our Head Office at Olympic House, Pleasants Street, Dublin 8 after Covid-19 workplace restrictions have been lifted
- Remote Induction and training will be carried out on commencement in the role.
- The salary will be dependent on skills and experience and there is 24 days’ annual leave.
Please click Apply Now to send your CV and cover note, stating what interests you about working with ALONE, the role, and your availability.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday the 29th of June 2021
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.