Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Retail HQ, Ballymount Dublin 12
Department: HR Department
Reports to: HR Manager
Standard Work Hours: 37.5
Purpose of Position:
To handle the day to day practical and administrative activities for the HR function as directed by the HR Manager.
Recruitment, Onboarding, Employment legislations, Policies and procedure, Training, Performance Management, Grievance and Disciplinary Handling etc.
- Ensuring vacant positions are filled efficiently
- Processing and filing all relevant employment documentation for all employees
- Maintaining personnel records
- Absence Management records and reporting
- Assist with payroll / process time sheets and process ad hoc payments
- Benefits application / confirmation documentation
- All other relevant Admin duties associated with the HR Department
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Advertising roles, CV Screening, liaising with agencies, interview scheduling, initiating set up of new employees on systems
- Producing Contracts, Induction Training, Handbook issuing,
- Social welfare forms, medical certs, absence forms and benefits etc.
- Maintain personnel files.
- Create company wide communications and distribute HR correspondence
- Liaison between the business and NGA/ main contact point.
- Arrange Co Dr Appointments – Scheduling times, follow up on reports
- Disciplinary process administration / note taker
- Ensure that work permits and visas are up to date and we are legally compliant.
- Assist in administration regarding apprentice mechanics when they leave to go back to college Re: their entitlements and cover for the duration etc.
- Compile Monthly HR reports
- Manage Exit interviews and Prepare references for those who have left.
- General Support to Managers regarding HR advise and guidance
- Create regular reports and presentations on HR metrics (e.g. turnover rates)
- Assist payroll department by providing relevant employee information (e.g. leaves of absence, sick days and work schedules)
- Participate in HR projects (e.g. help organize a job fair event)
- A self-starter with a can do attitude.
- Confident and able to make decisions or to know when to escalate
- Likes to work independently
- Used to a busy environment
- Adaptable to new situations
- Be Methodical and consistent and self-disciplined
- Excellent Organisation Skills
- Competent MS Office User
- Very strong communication skills required
- Problem Solving
Qualifications & experience:
- Qualification in HR or similar discipline
- Min 2 years’ experience in a busy Administrative role
- Some HR experience in a retail environment would be preferable
Competitive Benefits package:
- Basic Salary €28,000 per annum
- Life Assurance
- Permanent Health Insurance