HR Generalist - six month Fixed-term Contract
Who we are:
Wayfair’s EU Talent Management team works with our employees on company efforts to recruit, engage, and retain the best talent. This includes on-boarding of new hires, benefits administration and research on trends, working with employees on Employee Relations issues, helping managers develop their teams and reviewing data to position Wayfair as the Best Place to Work. We are seeking an EU Talent Management Generalist who will provide employee related support to both employees and leaders within our Customer Service Departments. This individual will perform a full range of HR functions in an exciting, unique, fast-paced, and fun environment. This position reports to the EU Talent Manager. . If you are passionate about Talent Management and are able to combine scrappy start-up execution with a high standard of excellence, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, then Wayfair is the place for you!
What you’ll do:
- Provide all new hires with a comprehensive orientation and on-boarding to Wayfair to ensure a positive introduction to the company and consistency in providing company information
- Support and guide the performance management process
- Work closely with the wider management team and the relevant departments to ensure a highly effective HR service while contributing to the unique Wayfair culture
- Manage and own the absence review process, analyzing data and trends
- Address queries and provide guidance in relation to company policies and procedures
- Management of all Employee Relations
- Develop and maintain new and existing employee files as well as supporting compensation/payroll administration
- Review employee data to support modifications to policies and to drive talent management changes in addition to policy and contract development for new EU jurisdictions
- Oversee benefits enrollment and understand trends relating to benefits in our geographic locations
- Work cross functionally with teams to develop and deliver appropriate engagement strategies
- Administer exit interviews and collect attrition data for practical use to improve retention
- Collaborate with EU Talent Acquisition team
- Perform various other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years of experience within HR at a Generalist, Business Partner, Advisor level
- Excellent, verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate across various mediums
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of EU employment law(s)
- Experience handling employee relations questions and issues
- Customer management skills with ability to build trust, credibility and professional relationships with employees at all levels
- Ideally, Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or in a related field
- Previous experience in customer support / service or contact centres advantageous
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job