Verve are looking for an enthusiastic and driven HR Intern to assist our HR and Training Manager with administrative and HR/Training related tasks. This will be initially a 6 month intern contract to begin.
We would ideally like this person to begin in January 2020
The HR Intern’s responsibilities include updating employee records, filing HR documents accordingly, initiating background checks on shortlisted candidates, and providing suitable recommendations to improve HR policies.
You should also be able to draft employee communications notifying staff of policy and procedural changes and staff updates for internal/town hall meetings.
To be successful as an HR Intern, you should keep abreast of the latest developments in Irish and UK legislation to determine how company HR policies may be affected.
Ultimately, an outstanding HR Intern should be detail-oriented and able to demonstrate excellent administrative and organisational skills with an solution mind-set.
HR Intern Responsibilities:
- Updating company databases by inputting new employee contact information and employment details.
- Screening potential employees' CV’s and application forms to identify suitable candidates to fill company job vacancies.
- Organising interviews with shortlisted candidates.
- Posting job advertisements to job boards and social media platforms.
- Removing job advertisements from job boards and social media platforms once vacancies have been filled.
- Training: Assisting in TNA /timetabling and design of training, gathering feedback and admin following sessions.
- Assisting the HR Manager in gathering market salary information.
- Assisting in the Sustainability Accreditation and other projects.
- Preparing and sending offer and rejection letters via HRIS to candidates.
- Coordinating new hire orientations – improving and updating this process continually
- Responding to staff inquiries regarding HR policies, and other HR-related matters.
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times
- CIPD accredited in Human Resource Management or studying towards this
- Proven experience working in an office environment.
- Working knowledge of Irish/UK Employment laws.
- Familiarity with HRIS (Human Resources Information System) software is advantageous.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- G-Suite experience
- The ability to work on your own initiative with minimal input
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Bonus points for :
- Excellent IT skills
- Willing to put ideas forward
- Can do attitude
- People who like office dogs (big friendly chocolate Labradors in particular).
Benefits to working with Verve:
- Working with the best in the business
- Great company culture
- Fantastic office environment
- Active Social activities
- In-house Pilates/yoga weekly
- Paid internship – discussed at interview
- Laptop provided
- 20 days holidays Pro Rata
- Bike to work
- Tax Saver access
- Access to EAP programme
If this sounds like you – apply below!
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!