IC Evaluation Engineer
Experience Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Ireland - Dublin, IE
Requisition ID: 1150
Qorvo is All Around You! We manufacture innovative RF solutions at the center of connectivity to enable high-performance applications for advanced wireless devices, wired and wireless networks and defense radar and communications for 5G networks, cloud computing, the Internet of Things, and other emerging applications. We are a global company thriving on a culture of innovation, diversity, and inclusion. Our people are always at the core of Qorvo’s innovation. Qorvo is a place to stretch your imagination and push boundaries to achieve success.
Qorvo is All Around You! We make a better world possible by providing innovative Radio Frequency (RF) solutions at the centre of connectivity. We are a global company thriving on a culture of innovation, diversity, and inclusion. We combine product and technology leadership, systems-level expertise and global manufacturing scale to quickly solve our customers’ most complex technical challenges.
Decawave is a pioneer in ultra-wideband (UWB) technology and provider of UWB solutions for mobile, automotive and IoT applications. Decawave was founded in 2007 and has deployed more than 8 million chipsets in more than 40 different market verticals – from smartphones to drones. In February 2020 the company became part of Qorvo and with that the Ultra-Wideband Business Unit (UWBU) within Qorvo Mobile Products
- Create test programs, design HW tests systems including circuit boards
- Develop/review lab characterisation plans for UWB ICs
- Design test solutions for characterisation of UWB ICs
- Run lab characterisation tests using automated test software (Python based)
- Run manual lab characterisation tests, mainly RF
- Analyse all results and write a comprehensive characterisation report
- Suggest modifications to IC designers to improve the product
- Work with FAE to solve customer issues
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering or equivalent and 4+ years of experience in evaluation of wireless ICs
- Experience in evaluating/characterising wireless ICs
- Experience using RF test equipment such as signal generators, spectrum analysers, vector network analysers
- Experience writing IC test programs preferably using Python
- Good interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work on own initiative to come up with innovative solutions
- Good communication skills, verbal & written
- Good working knowledge of Cadence suite of analog design tools
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT QORVO
We are Qorvo. We do more than create innovative RF solutions for the mobile, defense and infrastructure markets – we are a place to innovate and shape the future of wireless communications. It starts with our employees. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what's next. Explore the possibilities with us.
Qorvo is an E-Verify Employer. For more information, please see the Right to Work and E-Verify Participation posters.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job