Shopping for the home is often overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case - it’s visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 10 million products: Home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares, and more. We work hard to conceal the complexity of this experience.
Every customer should come away feeling like they’ve found the perfect item for them. Shopping for the home should be exciting, and we’re the team that makes that happen. The team is responsible for liaising with suppliers & internal stakeholders, such as category managers and supplier operations to ensure that all invoices are compliant, good quality and processed for payment. To ensure a seamless customer experience, the team handles payments to suppliers to ensure that orders are being processed and are ready to be delivered to our customers. Due to an in-house built system, the team can consistently implement new enhancements and updates.
Being an Intern in Wayfair’s Finance team
Here is some information on what you may do depending on which team you join through supporting one or more of our financial teams with their work.
Financial Analysis Team:
- Assist with the compliance work around AP auditing and reporting.
- Liaise with finance and operations teams to understand business drivers and assist with queries.
- Wrangle data from-to multiple sources: CSV files, ERP systems, databases and spreadsheets.
- Build and test automatic solutions for reconciliations data manipulation.
What You'll Need
- Proficiency in SQL; some experience with automation scripting (Excel VBA or Python or R).
- Ability to Identify most efficient ways to complete assigned tasks.
- Desire to always learn, and a collaborative team-player attitude.
- Knowledge & experience of Excel, Excel Data Model, Power Query advantageous.
- Previous experience in accounting, financial modelling is an advantage but not essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business or Finance;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Exceptional attention to detail; pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Self-motivated individual; passionate about your work and always aiming to improve processes;
- An ability to manage multiple priorities and ensure that deadlines are consistently met;
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job