Alter Pharma is a Belgian group of pharmaceutical companies with headquarters in Anderlecht (Belgium) and offices in Ireland and the United States. Employing in total over 140 employees, the Group distributes a wide range of pharmaceutical products to pharmacies, wholesalers, hospitals, and retirement homes. At the same time, Alter Pharma is a global player in the generics market, with around 15 molecules on the European and US market and a fully stocked pipeline of niche, complex, and added-value products.
Our talented staff daily work in accordance with our company values:
• We are proud of our entrepreneurial culture and foster open communication, mutual respect, professionalism, and efficient decision-making and we believe that our multicultural organisation is one of our most important competitive advantages.
• We believe that timely and well-considered decisions as a response to emerging opportunities and ideas is the key to our success.
• We believe that the success of the company lies in the competence, dedication and motivation of each of our employees.
• We believe that freedom returns flexibility and empowerment returns commitment.
We are currently looking for a talented IT Engineer Supply Chain to help us proactively manage the lifecycle of medicinal products. The successful candidate must have at least 3-5 years relevant work experience.
You will be responsible for the management, support, and administration of the technology (applications and hardware) supporting the Alter Pharma Group (APG) in-house Supply Chain team (Operations, Customer Service and Warehouse) and 3rd party partners.
Experience working in a GMP environment is mandatory (GLP a bonus).
You will report directly to the companies’ CIO and will be based in Balbriggan, Ireland.
The job description
The IT Engineer Supply Chain undertakes full responsibility for the following:
Systems & Support
• You identify and administer all systems dedicated to support the SC operations
• You follow up on incidents and user-requests and closure within SLA timeframes
• Facilitate the input, output of data and its connection between systems (EDI)
• You complete form processing/data entry in a timely and accurate manner
• You document all requests, incidents & problems into the helpdesk system in timely and accurate manner
• Maintain an accurate registrar of hardware and software assets both in stock & in use
• You ensure that all equipment is correctly identified and tagged
• You manage all hardware (directly or by proxy) in use at the different warehouse locations (scanners, printers, labelling machines, temperature and humidity controllers, etc.)
• You ensure the equipment is always in a working condition identifying potential down-time and component replacements & supplies are available (ordering, stock, invoices)
Documentation & Training
• You write, review and keep up-to-date documents (SOPs, Wis, guides) to be used by both technicians and end users
• You manage the qualification and/or validation of systems from a technical point of view including user requirements, risk analysis and testing as required (IQ, OQ, PQ)
• Transfer of relevant knowledge to team members
• Train users in the use of equipment, software and supporting processes
• You handle various tasks to deadlines; communicate progress at regular intervals
Vendor Management & Administrative Functions
• Serve as point of contact for all vendors and suppliers of systems and equipment used in SC and warehouse environments taking responsibility over contracts, support maintenance agreements, regular maintenance schedules, calibration, etc.
• You liaise with partners regarding the inventory, use, maintenance and security of APG equipment used in remote locations
You perform other duties as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
This is a technical role with ad-hoc hands-on interventions, but its focus is to help identify process bottlenecks, suggest improvements, and implement solutions using technology as an enabler. Architect or Project & Technical Lead for multiple workstreams in ERP implementation and business transformation initiatives.
Occasional travel to other Alter Pharma locations or partners might be necessary.
Your professional profile
The successful candidate has a bachelor’s degree in information technology or Computer Science or other relevant degrees with at least three to five years of relevant work experience. Specialization in Business Intelligence, Analytical tools, Supply Chain is a definite plus.
This position requires critical thinking and problem-solving skills, a good knowledge of supply chain engineering operations, sense of ownership in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
You have experience managing multiple project priorities & deadlines. SAP experience is a plus. You have experience in designing/implementing systems supporting operations.
Retail background (FMCG) and/or ecommerce solution (online orders, payment gateways).
Supply Chain certifications/training will be an asset (e.g. APICS/CSCP, CPIM, ISM/CPSM). Digital supply chain & serialisation systems such as Movilitas, Melior, or similar
You are aware of current IT standards, trends, emerging technologies, security & network risks.
You have working knowledge of Track & Trace systems such as:
• Printers (Hicof, Optel, Codico, Zebra)
• Scanners (Zebra)
• Labelling machines
• You are a self-starter, self-motivated and good finisher
• You must have good listening skills and ability to empathize
• You have excellent problem-solving and analytical capabilities
• You are task orientated, capable of taking ownership of support incidents from the moment they are received until their resolution is completed
• You have excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Good grammar and writing skills, capable of translating technical into common language
• Flexible, adaptable and able to work under pressure and efficiently multitask
• You must have sense of ownership and responsibility
• You are able to succeed and contribute to a team environment
• You drive for performance (fast decision taking, positive, courage, curious, connected)
• Attention to detail is a must
• Perfect command of written/oral English (technical).
Other languages such as Dutch or French are an asset but not essential.
There is an excellent package on offer dependent on experience.
Benefits also include;
- Health Insurance
- PRSA after completion of probation
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Balbriggan location – easy access – free parking
- Modern building – lovely working environment
- Friendly colleagues
- Further Studies supported
Please apply by uploading a motivation letter and CV
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.