ALONE is a national organisation that supports and empowers older people to age happily and securely at home. We support individuals and their families, work with other organisations, and campaign nationwide to improve the lives of older people. We work with all older people, including those who are lonely, isolated, frail or ill, homeless, living in poverty, or are facing other difficulties. We support them through these challenges to help them find long term solutions.
We currently have a vacancy for an IT Manager.
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Key working relationships: HR, Services, Finance, Quality
Reports: CRM administrator, IT intern
Key areas of responsibility:
• Manage the organisation's technological infrastructure requirements by building and maintaining effective relationships with key outsourced Network & telephony vendors.
• To input to the organisations strategic plan, contributing IT strategies and solutions to develop cost-effective, efficient systems to achieve ALONE’s strategic goals.
• To engage all technology activities and partnerships in ALONE to ensure all activities are aligned and integrated into ALONE'S IT strategy and the goals of the organisation
• Develop effective relationships with key stakeholders in ALONE, expanding each team’s capability to reduce costs and leverage improved service provision through effective use of technology
• Deliver agreed IT projects on time and within budget.
• Managing the IT budget for the organisation under the direction of the Head of Operations
• Lead on IT requirements for new locations by coordinating technical aspects of new site installations
• Negotiate with suppliers and other vendors for the company’s technology equipment and supplies, ensuring best price, service and support for the technology used by ALONE
• Train staff members and provide orientation to new employees in ALONE’s technology
• Responsible for ensuring that all members of the organisation know how to use technology responsibly
• Manage Technical Support queries from staff, troubleshooting and clearing where possible & triage support with outsourced IT network provider when needed.
• Tracking and reporting on all ICT infrastructure assets including end of life tagging for all ICT assets and audits of ICT assets to assist annual budgeting
• Develop, pilot and introduce new systems and technology to improve efficiency or expand the organisation’s performance.
• Manage a small team of staff and interns to deliver the department’s objectives and targets, including organisational action plans.
• Build relationships with partners, suppliers and other organisations
• Be a key member in the development and growth of IT department
• To undertake other tasks and responsibilities as requested.
Experience and Skills required:
• Third level degree or equivalent in a Technology related area
• Project Management qualification or experience is desirable
• 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience
• Experience of line management of staff
• Skills and experience with CRM systems (Salesforce), document management systems (Sharepoint), O365, Cloud PBX, mobile devices
• Working knowledge of Quality Management systems (ISO 9001)
• Working knowledge of GDPR as it relates to IT
• Excellent communications, presentation, training, report writing and problem-solving skills
• Ability to build productive and supportive relationships with colleagues at all levels
• This role is 35 hours per week (generally Mon to Fri but flexibility in working pattern will be required) and the preferred base is Dublin 8 although other locations may be considered for the right candidate.
• This position will initially be for a one- year contract.
• Flexible working arrangements are available.
• The salary scale offered for this position is €40k to €48k depending on experience. The upper level of the salary scale will be available only to candidates who can demonstrate experience and success in all of the main responsibilities of the role.
• Benefits include: Employee Assistance Programme, Bike to Work and TaxSaver Travel schemes, 22 days’ annual leave
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.