IT Project Manager - Retail
Purpose of role: Responsible for managing the full project lifecycle across technical and business work streams, developing and implementing an effective communications plan to ensure that projects deliver their agreed goals within quality, cost and time objectives. Collaborating closely with key stakeholders within the function and across the business.
Reports to: Programme Manager
Location: Dublin or Reading
- To plan, control, manage and be accountable for the overall delivery of IT projects to meet the agreed business needs; acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of time, cost and quality.
- Ensure requirements and business change activities are included in the project plan as defined by the Business Analyst, Change Manager and business team
- Scope, define, and manage budgets and timelines for the project.
- Work with project teams to ensure that the processes, outputs and deliverables are on delivered time and within agreed budget.
- Responsible for managing all project costs in line with the funding approved through the business case ensuring that any risk to or deviation from the budget is communicated, managed and approved through the Primark Project Governance framework”
- Responsible for the maintaining an accurate and transparent view of project health via the company Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Tool “Planview”
- Maintain detailed documentation, timelines, project plans, and budget for all project deliverables/milestones.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects, including communications to team, stakeholders and executives, developing and agreeing the communication’s plan
- Lead project status meetings and updates with internal teams and development partner.
- Report progress of the project(s) at agreed regular intervals
- Manage multiple work streams and projects simultaneously and understand project priorities in relation to the overall deliverables, including handover to service on successful project delivery
- Responsible for managing project resources internal and external to meet the demands and timeline of the project
- Ensure an effective and efficient change control process that ensures that the project does not exceed the agreed budget whilst delivering to the agreed outcome.
- Responsible for the effective management of risks and issues, ensuring proactivity avoids delays and costs, yet ensures quality.
- Plan and manage testing across the project to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Project manage the process from initiation through to sign off, adhering to all PMO requirements as well as ensuring adherence to defined methods and standards (including the IT Operating Model and Quality Assurance methodology)
- To be familiar with tools and technologies to be able to make the right decisions for issues affecting the delivery of the IT project
- Establish and maintain good relationships with business and IT colleagues and suppliers, resolving conflicting priorities or issues as they arise
Dimensions of Role:
- Drive process within the teams
- Interaction with other functions within the organisation to deliver the overall business solution.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level with 5+ years of Project Management experience
- Experience of working with retail systems is advantageous.
- Experience delivering solutions with 3rd parties
- Strong experience in managing senior business users – ability to manage strong personalities.
- Ability to motivate internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient in basic business analysis
- The ability to stay focused and work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced dynamic environment while maintaining a sense of perspective.
- Possess excellent planning, budget management, documentation and organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills, with significant experience working across complex organisational structures
- Familiar with IT architecture, design, operational service and support organisations
- Familiar with IT and having a commercial perspective and an understanding of how the project contributes to the overall business case
- Highly knowledgeable of IT investment evaluation processes, including cost/benefit analysis, estimation of IT costs/resources for defined and undefined initiatives
- Flexibility, curiosity, enthusiasm, passion.
- Customer focused.
- Proven budget management experience.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job