We’re a thriving team passionate about working together to deliver excellence, all in a natural forest environment.
Set in hundreds of acres of beautiful forest Longford Forest is the perfect place for a short break in Ireland, 365 days a year. With homely accommodation, up to 100 indoor and outdoor activities and a choice of bars and restaurants, there is something for all the family, all year round.
LINE COOK/ JUNIOR CHEF DE PARTIE | €12.00 per hour
At Longford Forest, the Food and Beverage department employs around 300 team members across 10 different restaurants, cafés and bars, as well as a production kitchen.
We are now recruiting for Line Cooks to join our growing team.
In this role, you will prepare, cook and present menu items to agreed standards. You will assist the Kitchen Managers with the general supervision and coaching of the Kitchen Assistants and deputise for the Kitchen Managers in their absence; maintaining the smooth running of the kitchen.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the guests’ requirements are always met and naturally seeking out opportunities to exceed their expectations
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the kitchen area is maintained to a high standard and that all company and legal requirements are met at all times
- Following guidelines on stock control, portion control and food wastage, taking action as necessary to maintain food Cost of Sales for the unit
- Supporting the Kitchen Managers with implementation and production of menus, procedures and standards as required
- Attending all company training as required for legal purposes, personal development or development of new menus and dishes
- Complying with the guidelines and practices in respect of food safety as detailed in the Food Safety Manual
The ideal candidate will be naturally helpful, enthusiastic and have excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience as a Line Cook / Junior Chef de Partie including supervisory and training experience or previous experience as a Kitchen Assistant within a quality establishment producing a range of dishes using fresh produce
- Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate
- Formal cooking qualification or willingness to study towards
HOURS OF WORK
You will be contracted to work 150 hours per 4-week period on a flexible basis, working straight-shifts. Your working hours will include evenings, weekends, public / bank holidays and during Christmas and/or New Year on a rota basis, with a premium rate of pay for hours worked on a Sunday.
Center Parcs is a fantastic place to work and the benefits are as impressive as they are unique. Here are just a few:
- Management/Colleague Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme with Life Assurance
- Colleague Recognition and Reward Scheme – offering a choice of Center Parcs and High Street vouchers
- Free use of our leisure facilities
- Discounted Center Parcs breaks
- 20% discount in our restaurant and retail outlets
- An Employee Assistance Program - providing support on financial, health and legal matters
- Excellent opportunities for career development and progression with the opportunity to gain externally recognised qualifications
If this sounds like your ideal job, then we’d love to see your application.
Closing date: 05 October 2021 at 12 Noon
Interviews to be held: W/C 04 October 2021
Please note this vacancy may close at any time once sufficient applications have been received. Early submission of your application is therefore encouraged.
Follow us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Our colleagues work together to make sure guests have a memorable and safe short break. We are committed to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our teams. Throughout the pandemic Center Parcs have adapted in line with Government guidance and we are doing everything we can to ensure our colleagues feel safe at work by focusing on additional training, health and well-being, hygiene and PPE.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Longford!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job