Junior Designer – Women’s Jersey
Are you an inspirational thinker that can adhere to strict deadlines? Do you have strong garment commodity knowledge that you apply to the high street? If you have bags of energy, drive, ambition and team spirit we want to hear from you! We may have your perfect job here at Primark as a Junior Designer.
As a Junior Designer at Primark, you’ll work alongside the Designer to provide strategic and commercial design direction and trend research to the Buying Teams.
What we’re looking for:
As a Junior Designer with at least 3-5 years’ experience, ideally with some jersey background, you’ll need a strong working knowledge and understanding of Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, and a basic understanding of InDesign. What we are also looking for:
• Super creative and innovative. You’ll need to have an imaginative eye and constant motivation for creating new inspiring looks for our customers.
• A real team player. Liaising with the buying team and designers, suppliers and other departments on a regular basis in terms of fabric, design, shapes, colours and trend etc.
• Commercially aware. Staying ahead of trends and researching new ideas is vital in the role to have a competitive advantage over other retailers.
• A strong and driven communicator. Your role will require you to regularly present clearly and concisely on trends through photos, drawings and samples to suppliers and the wider team.
• Detail obsessed. Ensuring that critical paths, sales and reports are monitored and all details regarding measurements and phasing in of products are met.
Why work with us?
As well as giving you a competitive salary, we’ll provide you with progressive career path. Clear advancement is what we’re all about at Primark. We’re always open when talking about your development and we offer lots of training – whether it’s in-house or sending you on courses. We’re big believers in rewarding hard work, which is easier to achieve with our teams being so close and forever willing to help out.
There’s a lively culture here, and it’s easy to get to know each other amidst a truly warm atmosphere. With flexible working hours, you can use your time effectively and plan around your schedule. Plus, we’re well equipped for a healthy lifestyle with our own café, canteen, and gym.
So, if you have the right experience and want to take the next step apply now.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!