At Deloitte, we deliver the solutions and insights our clients need to address their most complex business challenges. As the world’s largest global professional services and consulting network, Deloitte Ireland has nearly 3,000 people providing audit, tax, consulting, and corporate finance services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries.
Deloitte’s Consulting Practice is one of the world's leading Management Consulting firms for executable Strategy, Operations, Technology, and Human Capital Advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities - people, process, technology and industry expertise - the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges .Deloitte has exciting career opportunities for a Junior Java Developer (Live Support) within the Systems Engineering Team. The role requires 1+ years of experience in Live Support using Java technologies. The purpose of this role is to help clients realise the business value from IT. Using the latest technologies you will be continually encouraged to devise innovative solutions, to help our clients manage and deliver the operational elements of technology. You will develop your technical and business skill set across industry sectors. You will work on diverse and varied projects with our clients to transform or develop their technology strategy. Deloitte offer the opportunity to work with a variety of clients across a number of different sectors. We provide a challenging and exciting work environment with scope for personal development and on-going training.
You will be working in a client-facing role in a Java-based environment and will be part of the Live Support team.
You will be responsible for
- Building Java components from Technical designs;
- Following the Developer standards;
- Performing unit testing of each component;
- Deploying Java components to Integration test;
- Supporting Integration and System Test;
- Resolving any issues that arise during Integration and System Test.
- Investigating, prioritizing live incidents.
- Determining the cause of live incidents.
- Developing workarounds to allow processing to continue while code fixes are being developed.
- Developing fixes in emergency circumstances.
- Using incident management procedures.
- Communicating with helpdesks, business and Test/Development Teams.
- 1+ years of experience in Live Support using Java technologies.
- Third level qualification in Computer Science/Engineering or a related discipline
- Knowledge of some of the following:
- Java & Spring Development Experience;
- Relational Databases;
- Unix Scripting;
- JUnit testing experience.
- C would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the following would also be advantageous:
- Spring Batch;
- Output Management experience;
- UC4 knowledge;
- Knowledge particularly of how JAVA interacts with various browsers & operating systems;
- Ideally 1+ year's demonstrated industry experience in one or more of the following:
- Systems Analysis & Design; Software Development
- Object Orientated Design; Software Development techniques
- Agile highly desirable
- Reviewing and debugging stack trace errors
- Previous client facing / consulting experience
Personal skills required:
- Communication: strong communicator, both verbally and in writing;
- Planning and Organisation: good time management, estimation skills and an ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Team working/Interaction with others;
- Analysing and Problem Solving.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job