Job Title: Junior Software Engineer
Reports To: Software Development Manager
Department: Software Development
Location: Remote Ireland
This is an exciting opportunity for a Graduate to join the Technology team at Prometric.
This includes, but is not limited to, web front-end user interfaces, middle tier components/services and data interfaces. Additional responsibilities include providing daily updates of detailed status information to the technical lead and/or manager and following software development process guidelines.
The Prometric development environment is primarily Microsoft .NET and Microsoft SQL Server environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Working with direct supervision, you will follow the development process to:
· Deliver on programming assignments
· Develop unit tests and test tools
· Participate in software code reviews
· Work on integration testing with other developers
· Other duties as assigned by Management
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field or combination of relevant skills and education
· Practical (commercial or project) object-oriented programming experience in C# or Java
· Knowledge of standard development practices and lifecycles
· Knowledge of data modeling , database fundamentals and SQL
· Experience in Microsoft Windows Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
· Good communication skills, both oral and written.
· Professional experience
· Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
· Experience in T-SQL, MS SQL, including writing stored procedures.
· Academic knowledge or experience in SQL Server, ASP.NET, WCF
· Academic knowledge or experience in performance tuning, optimization skills
· Experience of Microsoft development environment – Visual Studio & Team foundation Service
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.