Lead Data Scientist, Dublin
Apply now »
Location: Dublin, IE
Company: Allied Irish Bank
Role Title: Lead Data Scientist
This role is being offered on a permanent basis.
The Analytics function within the Data & Analytics Centre of Excellence are responsible for leading and driving value from AIB’s data, leveraging a diverse and advanced analytics toolset, to deliver business benefit and inform decision making across the group. We comprise of a diverse mix of skills, from Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Reporting Analysts and Advanced Analytics Specialists, supporting and enabling internal and external stakeholders.
The Advanced Analytics function supports all areas across the business who are passionate about developing innovative and sustainable AI and Machine Learning products that deliver measurably high value for the business, and better and fairer outcomes for our customers, colleagues and communities
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for the successful candidate to expand the team’s ability, we will challenge you with real business problems and tool you with the best technologies to deliver innovative solutions across many aspects of Data & Analytics.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has experience developing, inspiring and motivating a team of highly skilled data scientists across a programme of diverse data science projects.
- Has a strong background building data science products within Financial Services, ideally with good working knowledge of assurance and investments products.
- Has proven experience developing Data Science processes within a CRISP-DM framework.
- Has experience working within an MLOps framework, partnering with ML engineers to deploy, embed and scale machine learning models to deliver multiple complex projects.
- Recognises business opportunities to utilise data science techniques to identify and deliver strategically aligned, high value use cases that generate significant ROI.
- Continuously develops data science knowledge and explores ways of utilising new data science tools and techniques to tackle business and organisational challenges, ensuring knowledge, ideas and best practice is adopted across the team.
- Applies scientific methods through experimental design, exploratory data analysis and hypothesis testing to reach robust conclusion.
- Thinks holistically and strategically with a proven ability to plan, organise, and manage complex Machine Learning products.
- Has a strong understanding of the regulatory and compliance obligations in relation to customer data capture and processing, specifically developing data science practices that show strong adherence to privacy, ethics, explainability and data protection best practice.
Who are we?
We’re AIB. A strong Irish bank packed with purpose - to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. That goes for our employees too. We’re made of small teams where you have the chance to shine.
Why join us?
We are excited about how we have changed our focus. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customers and employees expect of a bank.
Does this sound like something that you want to be part of?
You will need to show us that you can/have:
- MSc or PhD in Statistics, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence or equivalent qualification.
- Strong leadership and organisation skills in Data Science, with 3+ years of experience leading, motivating and inspiring highly skilled data scientists to deliver high value products.
- Solid foundation of statistics, predictive modelling, machine learning algorithms/ frameworks (e.g. scikit-learn) and deep learning frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch).
- Extensive hands-on experience in statistical software including SAS or R.
- Strong coding abilities in SQL, as well as Python or R.
- Fundamental understanding of hypothesis testing, A/B testing, and experimental designs.
- Experience of building reusable assets and solutions and embed best practices around version control for current and future business problems.
- Experience in applied Data Science (supervised, semi-supervised or unsupervised learning).
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with proven ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging Machine Learning platforms.
- Hands on experience of Cloudera Data Science Workbench, or Cloudera Machine Learning Platform a bonus.
If you feel you have what it takes, Click Apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information Philip from the Talent Acquisition Team can help. You can contact them him by email email@example.com.
By when? Closing date is 14th December
Job Segment: Database, Scientific, Law, Bank, Banking, Engineering, Technology, Legal, Finance
Apply now »
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job