With over 7,000 colleagues across our stores, warehouses and offices in Ireland and Northern Ireland we are a big and ambitious team. Our people are our greatest asset, and our success is down to the commitment and dedication of our team.
We are seeking a Logistics Intern to join our Logistics team. The successful Logistics Intern will be based in one of our 4 Regional Distribution Centres across Ireland where they will gain exposure to the 3 elements which make up Logistics at Lidl (People, Processes and Operations).
Offering customers, the best quality products at the lowest possible prices puts Logistics at Lidl at the forefront of our business. The route from our Regional Distribution Centres to our Stores means that our operations must be lean and agile. In essence, Logistics at Lidl provides the right product in the right place at the right in the most cost-efficient manner possible.
This internship will run from March 2024 to August 2024
Once completed, you will then get the opportunity to put to work what you have learnt as a Deputy Logistics Manager.
Choosing the best place to gain practical and relevant experience during your internship is important. After all, you want to be sure that wherever you go, you’ll be creating the very best start to your future career. That's why Internships in Lidl have been designed and developed to get you involved and give you more opportunities to show what you’re capable of. Every Internship has a bespoke structured training plan for the duration of the placement (26 weeks), support from your Line Manager and regular meetings with the Internship Programme Manager. You'll also be asked to complete a presentation at the end following successful completion of your placement to demonstrate what you've learned and how you've developed.
What you'll need
- Possess drive and ambition of the highest level
- Have the confidence to manage relationships and motivate employees around you
- The ability to demonstrate the skills required to inspire others
- A clear result results focused attitude
- A strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritise deadlines
- Possess strong organisation and communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable work style
- Adept at managing people, controlling costs, and demonstrating a hands-on approach to ensure success
What you'll receive
Through our salary system, we ensure pay equality across all positions at Lidl
- Paid Internship - €28,123 per annum on a pro rata basis
- Bespoke Training Plan
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Responsible for and involvement in projects with business impact
- Opportunities to show what you're capable of - project management, presentations & operational performance
- Opportunity for further career development following successful internship
- Gain valuable career experience, which will inspire your future career choices
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Kildare!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job