Advanced Environmental Solutions (Ireland) Limited is a subsidiary of Bord na Móna plc. Advanced Environmental Solutions (Ireland) Limited is one of Ireland’s leading Waste Management Companies, with a particular focus on collection, segregation and recovery services. We provide services to domestic and commercial customers throughout the country, operating through a network of waste transfer centres focused on specific local markets.
Our Resource Recovery Business Unit currently wish to recruit Machine Operator on a specific purpose contract. The roles will report to the Yard Supervisor and will be based from our Tullamore site.
Machine Operator – AES Tullamore
Open to public
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following;
- Driving Forklift, Bobcat, Roadsweeper, Telehandler, & Digger with backup duties on sorting line. Duties include emptying bays MRF bays, offloading trucks, loading containers, sweeping yard, loading walking floor trailers, loading DMR onto plant and working on sorting line.
- Complete daily worksheets as required, and ensure that daily targets are achieved. Ensure any issues or defects are immediately reported. Ensure daily maintenance checks on all plant are completed.
- Maintain your work area in a safe, organised, and clean condition to ensure the maximum safety of the other employees and visitors on-site.
- Ensure all finished product is stored in its designated area.
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises
- Show courtesy to all customers and members of the public as well as work colleagues.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Relevant licence/tickets
- A good understanding of Health & Safety requirements especially Machinery safety.
- Must be willing to work within the quality requirements on-site.
- Previous experience in the operation of plant and machinery e.g., forklift, skid steer, loading shovel, 360° Digger desirable.
- Experience in the waste industry an advantage.
- Have a high degree of commitment and exhibit the initiative necessary to succeed in a competitive market environment.
- Team player with ability to work on their own initiative
- Be flexible and prepared to work shifts and in any required areas
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
- A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application. Visit http://www.bordnamona.ie/careers/application-process-at-bord-na-mona/ for more information. If you wish to be considered simply click the “Apply” on the job on or before September 29th 2020
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Offaly!