Bord na Móna Recycling is a subsidiary of Bord na Móna plc and is one of Ireland’s leading Waste Management Companies, with a particular focus on collection, segregation and recovery services.
We provide services to domestic and commercial customers throughout the country, operating through a network of waste transfer centres focused on specific local markets.
Bord na Móna Recycling currently wish to recruit a Machine Operative on a permanent full-time contract. The role will report to the Operations and Planning Supervisor.
Machine Operative – AES Rosslare
Open to public
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following.
- Operation of a 20 tonne track machine, loading shovel, skid steer, sweeper and fixed plant as directed
- Shunting of trailers and skip containers in the yard.
- Grading and sorting of waste streams as received to achieve maximum recovery levels.
- Assist with the preventative measures of plant and machinery. Assist with traffic control and carry out banksman duties also.
- Be proactive in ensuring that the yard is kept clean and maintained to high level, that cardboard/plastic and other materials are processed and baled and provide assistance when required in all areas of the yard.
- Communicate with relevant parties to ensure that waste materials are handled correctly and where applicable, link in with hauliers regarding transfers out of all materials.
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public.Act professionally and courteously with all colleagues and members of the public.
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Digger, 360 license essential, and Forklift license desirable.
- Ticket for Front loader essential
- Good Written and Verbal English essential.
- Must be flexible to work across different work sections within the business.
- Must possess relevant licenses.
- Team player with ability to work on their own initiative.
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Wexford!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job